Am I just lazy and spoiled or is this normal?

Some days I am extremely lazy and just lay in bed because I am so tired! Other days I manage to straiten up the house but that's it. I feel bad because I haven't done dishes or laundry(besides folding) my entire pregnancy! I got sick the first trimester doing them and after the second I just got used to not doing them and it hurt my back... I have a family member come over and do them so my SO doesn't have to. Maybe once a week I go out and get dinner but my SO usually makes dinner when he comes home from work, I'm just so tired all the time. I'm hoping my energy will come back after the babies born, I didn't used to be this way so I'm thinking it's just because of the pregnancy! My SO said that my lack of doing chores is fine because I'm pregnant and tired all the time he understands and he says I make him happy anyways but I just feel so bad... Am I overreacting or do I need to try and get off my butt? I'm 37 weeks on friday

christinaw0329

Asked by christinaw0329 at 9:00 PM on Jun. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• As long as he's ok with it, I wouldn't argue! lol I know how you feel about being tired all the time...I'm at 34 wks and i'm tired and hurting all the time! I would do as much as you can.
    Anonymous

• Have you had your iron levels checked? Anemia while pregnant is common, and it will make you feel really tired. I had to be on iron supplements for both of my pregnancies, and it really helped my energy level.
    JeanetteRene

Answer by JeanetteRene at 9:12 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• My doctor says he doesn't think it's necessary even though I've been complaining about being so tired he says it's just part of being pregnant...ehhh
    christinaw0329

Answer by christinaw0329 at 9:18 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• I'm like that even when I'm not pregnant unfortunately. After the baby is born (I'm 35 weeks) I'm going to have to see a doctor about my constant fatigue. It's beyond just being tired because I'm pregnant or whatever. It's been 4 years since my last child was born and all that time I was exhausted like I had a newborn at home. I can barely get out of bed some days. It sucks. The pregnancy just makes things worse. Although, for me, the 2nd trimester was the worst. I would get the kids out the door for school and crash for 2 hours while my 4yo entertained herself because I just couldn't stay awake. And even when I was awake I could do little more then lie in bed and watch TV (which I couldn't even concentrate on because of the fatigue). It's been better since the 3rd trimester but the house is a wreck and I'm supposed to be packing so we can move but I don't have the energy.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:21 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• I am pregnant with #5 and I manage to get up with my other 4every day, and clean my home, keep my laundry done, and be there for them! I am tired too, but that is no excuse for being lazy and slacking in your responsibilities! You are a SAHM you need to do your job! Homemaker is YOUR job! If you cannot handle that, then you should not be a mother! Those children depend on you to provide a safe and clean home for them to live in! Get over it, and realize we are all tired, but lazy is a hole nother thing!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 12:50 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• It does sound like something else is going on...I doubt you're just being lazy!
    I agree with a PP, have your iron levels checked. Any chance you could have some depression?
    If you are just plain old tired, as long as nothing else is being neglected, and noone is hungry...then rest! It doesnt' sound like your DH is upset about it...what a blessing! Rest when you can....you are making a person, it takes energy!
    MedicMommy

Answer by MedicMommy at 1:34 PM on Jun. 17, 2010