Do you have everything, good husband, kids, house but still feel something is missing? And feel guilty for wanting more?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:05 PM on Jun. 16, 2010 in Relationships

• My SO is my best friend in life, I love him dearly, and have since I was a little girl. My kids are a pain, and I wouldn't trade them for the world. I love this house, even though we have a lot of improvements to make... What irks me, is that I have lost so much of myself- I'm working on just being me again. :)
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 9:07 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• www.babysteals.com
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 9:09 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• i sometimes do. I have this awesome husband, who I rarely see. When we are together, we just want to nap, lol...... I have these great kids, who some days I just want to hurry up and have bedtime. And there's ME, who just wants some alone time to shower and/or poop and maybe shave a leg or two....... I guess I am missing something, someone..... but who?
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 9:15 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• I have a great husband, great kids, great house, and yet, I feel a few million dollars is missing from my checking account. =)

I do feel guilty that I wish I had more because I know how truly lucky I am to have what I have. Most people want more things even though they have everything that they need.
    Anonymous

• I think sometimes it's faith that people are missing.
    Anonymous

• The something missing is usually from within. Find it. Take some time for yourself and find it. Take a class, take up a hobby, follow whatever dreams you were pursuing before life gave you the gifts it gave you. Once you find what's missing it will all make sense and come together as complete. You deserve the "more". Now find it

Answer by admckenzie at 10:14 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• ADM ond Obby you hit the nail right on the head! That's exaclty what I was/am feeliing. I feel like I lost everthing that has made me, well me. I need something in my life that is mine, something to look forward to other than my child's milestones and baseball championships! The hardest part is the guilt I feel for wanting something for myself. Because ultimately whatever "it" is, is going to take away from the time I spend with my family. You get this idea at some point that things would crumble down, if you weren't there to hold them up. Don't know how true that is, but I'm scared to find out. Also, I can't see adding even more to my already 18+ hour days! But I know something's gotta give cause sometimes I'm driving to the store, the bank whatever and I have to stop myself from just driving away. I literally want to just keep driving and end up in some hotel somewhere getting a massage and sipping a margarita!
    Wendee001

Answer by Wendee001 at 10:34 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• I have a genuinely wonderful husband. I have two amazing and well behaved children. A third on the way. We own our own home, we have a car that is paid off, and I have great family and relatives. But yes .. something is missing. Something for me as a person. I've fulfilled my wife, mom, and home owning goals .. And I'm very happy with them. But then there's me.. The girl who wants more out of life, who isn't happy being home doing nothing. So yes, something is missing. I wish I were happy doing the '30's American wife Dream, but I'm not. I want to travel, take my family to see the world. Photograph the world. I do want more then this. Do I feel guilty? No. No I do not. Because I am more then a wife and a mother, I am still me. The girl who existed before I got married and had kids.. Nobody JUST wants kids and a spouse.. nobody does.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:06 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• No I've done the things I've wanted to do in my life. I went to college and got my psychology degree. I've had a job all along that challenges me and is rewarding at times. I've lived alone. I read books I love. I garden which gives me a lot of fulfillment. I spend time alone with my husband which brings me happiness. If I start to lose myself I slip away and do the things I love until I find myself again. I try to balance my needs with my families and I don't devote every second to them. I feel like I am a better wife/mother by doing things I enjoy. Also I am not young anymore and I think that things get easier with age. You realize you are not perfect and never will be and that is okay. The house might be dirty and kids complaining but it is just fine because this I what we wanted all along anyway. A marriage and kids, a family.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 7:45 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• It's already been mentioned, but usually when someone feels this way they're actually missing faith and/or something within.
    Ashes0813

Answer by Ashes0813 at 9:31 AM on Jun. 17, 2010