Is cancer contagious?

Ok, I know it's not. BUT this is getting ridiculous!! In March 2004 my father was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer he passed away december 2004. Then my hubby's Grandmom was diagonosed Jan of 09 and passed away December 09. My borther was diagnosed with Kidney cancer the beginning of this year. Thankfully they were able to remove it and he is now cancer free. My step uncle and a family friend have both been diagnosed with cancer in teh last month. Then tonight my father in law calls and tells us he was diagnosed with cancer today.

What the hell?!?!?!?!?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:07 PM on Jun. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Wow, the shock of having to get a call about each family member each time. I can't even imagine and I am very sorry for your losses and the struggles your families are going through now.
    I am glad that your brother's cancer was taken away in time and he is able to live a normal life from now on. I am hoping that your FIL's cancer can be caught/treated before it takes too deep a hold and can be removed so that he will be able to live some more happy years, too.
    My hugs to you and your family.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 2:48 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• No it is not contagious. I am sorry for all the bad luck in your family.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:09 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• Iknow it's not. It's just every time we turn around, some one we know has it :(
    Anonymous

• it would seem that way in my family too. they found cancer in my grandfathers lung and colon but luckily they were able to remove both spots. His brothers both died this past year though. both from bone cancer. One started out with lung cancer and the other started out with something else but both had the cancers eventually move into their bones.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:24 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• I'm sorry to hear about your family. I know how hard it is. My fil is going the end of the month for the bone scan and all to see if it spread anywhere else.
    Anonymous

• well i hope that your fil was able to catch it early enough. sorry to hear about it.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:37 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• Thank you, Shay. We're hoping it was caught in time. Won't know for a couple weeks.
    Anonymous

• Thank you. yes, it is VERY hard to get those phone calls. They just come out of nowhere and it feels like ton of bricks has hit you. It's getting to the point that I get nervous when my phone rings, (not bad but you know what I mean).
    LorisChar

Answer by LorisChar at 2:50 PM on Jun. 18, 2010