My son bangs his head when he is upset or when I leave the room he has bad separation anxiety right now and is 13 months old, this started right around 10 months old- does anyone have any advice or is going through something similar?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:18 PM on Jun. 16, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My ds does this of he deosnt get his way. so i just let him do it. he doesnt talk very well. but he understand alot and i he knows how to tell me what he wants. but when he does that am like gabe your gonna give yourself a headache and he looks at me like yeah i think i know that and makes a grumpy face and stomps away.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 9:56 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• Is he up with all his milestones? My toddler started doing this early on.. He still does it. When he gets very mad, he bangs his head and screams. He was behind on most milestones also such as talking. The doctors are currently testing him for autism and Asperger's Syndrome.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 9:21 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• my autistic son did this too out of frustration over not being able to express himself.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:22 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• Yep! My son has Asperger's Syndrome, a form of Autism, and that's exactly how we started noticing the major issues. Good Luck, and just try to be very patient.
    TimandMely4ever

Answer by TimandMely4ever at 10:38 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• my little sister used to do this and she would hold her breath until she passed out the doctors said to just walk away because if they dont get a reaction out of you then they will stop doing it, i would definetly keep checking on them just dont let them see you, and my sister didnt have any form of autisim so dont automatically assume thatw what it is.
    xxSummaxx13

Answer by xxSummaxx13 at 12:35 PM on Jun. 17, 2010