Is it ok call your husband on his work place all the time?

My husband is a firefighter, he's at work tonight, we were talking on our personal cellulars and he told me that I never call him on the fire station, and the other wives do that all the time, I told him that I don't see any reason to call the fire station if I can call on his cellular, I think that could look annoying and controlling, I try to avoid to call him all the time because I know he's busy all the time (he's a captain and he takes care of paperwork too) and I don't want to disturb, so I send him email and Facebook messages so he can read them and answer when he can, he calls me 2 o 3 times for day anyway. I don't like to call on the Fire Station because I know they're not "combing the Barbie" there. I don't know if he wants the other firefighters to see that I call him or what (I'm 19 years younger than him).

shining8250

Asked by shining8250 at 9:29 PM on Jun. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I would think it'd be frowned upon, personal calls to a work phone that is. I never call my husband on his desk phone. I rarely call his cell phone either while he's at work. We use our Blackberry messenger to chat during the day.

Sounds like your hubby wants all the guys to know his wife is calling him all the time. Kinda cute....but immature.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 9:38 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• i dont talk to my husband at all when he is working. much less call his work to talk to him.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 9:38 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• I would only call his actual work if I couldn't get him on the cell and it was an emergency!!! If it was once a day that would be okay...but anymore then that I would find excessive. Maybe ask him if he wants to call you at work every now and then.
    Anonymous

• "one of them goes to the station every shift to eat dinner with her DH (and the rest of the crew)."

I wouldn't do that also if my house would be next to the Fire Station, I think it's ok to go there during special occasions, but go there every evening...mmm I don't know, I know the crew is like a big family but they're still working, if her husband would do another job would she still be there every night?

shining8250

Answer by shining8250 at 9:50 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• NEVER~! he is too busy in construction. .
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 10:26 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• If he requested it, then why not give him a call once in a while at the station? I think he likes people knowing that his wife took teh time to call the station to check on him. I bet it'd make him feel special. Even though you call him on your cell, I think it'd make his day that you made the effort to call the station.

For his job I think it'd be okay. For most other jobs it would be breaking company rules.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:55 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• I only call my husband at work if it's an emergency. I know it is frowned upon to get a personal phone call on company time. I learned that through my brother and his ex-wife. He worked as a mechanic at a car dealership and she would call him three or four times a day. He would often be told by his boss that this behavior wouldn't be accepted. So he stopped answering the phone calls....and she called EVEN more! Finally my brother's boss got on the phone and told her it was NOT acceptable...she stopped calling him there but wound up having an affair with another guy. So if you called him occasionally and only once each time...I think it might be okay. Sounds like he feels a bit "out of the loop" because the other guys get calls from their wives/girlfriends at the station and he doesn't. Men are a little goofy that way *S*
    truetigress

Answer by truetigress at 2:44 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Nope. My BIL is a FF and the guys get ragged on bigtime when they get called at the station. Not only that, you should only really call him in case of an urgent situation at home.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 11:45 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Not unless I need to and only on his personal cell.
    If he is on an assignment then his cell will be turned off and he'll check it for messages later. He is rarely at his desk and I would NEVER even dream of calling him on his work cell.....that would be like Agent Gibbs receiving personal chit-chat calls on his work cell while he was in an interrogation room.....can you imagine?!!!

A person is at their job for a reason....not to be distracted by personal telephone calls unnecessarily.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 2:44 PM on Jun. 18, 2010