How can you leave children in the car and forget them?

Today, in SE Missouri, two year old twins were found dead in the car in a parking lot. How can this happen?

http://www.kfvs12.com/Global/story.asp?S=12662030

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:55 PM on Jun. 16, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I never have and I pray that I never will! I know sometimes I feel so scatterbrained with so much stuff on my mind, I worry that I will forget something like that. Like if the baby is sleeping or something. But I've always been so scared to do that, that its always on my mind and I havent forgotten. I've even had dreams that one of the babies I babysit are still here and I forgot about them..and I wake up with my heart pounding.
    I can't imagine how those babies must have suffered and how utterly sick thier mother must feel. I don't think I could even go on if somethign like that happened to one of my children. :(
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 11:10 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• I really do not know :( I think it is stupidity. The parent thinking it would be "easier" to leave them and be back "in time" :( Hooowww sad :((((
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 9:56 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• This is so sad. This happens nationwide more than people think! If I ever see a child in a car alone, I am going to call 9-1-1 immediately... Heck, I would even smash out the window and get the children if I had to. No child should be left alone.. I don't care what age you are! It is too hot outside!!
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 10:00 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• I have no idea! Poor little things :( I was getting my little boy in the car back when it was cooler and accidentally locked my car with the keys in the front seat and him strapped in his car seat! I cried the whole time waiting for the police to get there and unlock my doors! I couldn't imagine walking away knowingly and purposely leaving my child in there to suffocate!
    Homemommy0503

Answer by Homemommy0503 at 10:01 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• This is terrible!!! How could anyone do this?
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 10:01 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• OMG! I left my 4 y/o in the car one time for like 15 minutes. I thought my son got her out and he thought I did. She was hysterical when I went to get her. I felt awful. It is my worst fear to leave a child in the car.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 10:03 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• That mom or dad was a fucking moron!
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 10:04 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• I'm not saying that she shouldn't have done it, or it wasn't a horrible thing to forget them. But can you imagine how horrible you would feel as a mother if you made that mistake?
    Anonymous

• I really can't imagine. I'm sorry if that's happened to someone but really I can't even begin to imagine how it could happen. We take the kids in first; everything else last. The car doors don't close til everyone is out.
    beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 10:09 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• I know that parents get in a hurry, they get distracted, whatever. There is absolutely no excuse for leaving your babies in a car long enough for them to die from the heat inside the car. NONE. There was a SCHOOL PRINCIPAL in my state a couple years ago who did this with an infant, a few months old. It is inexcusable in my book. I think there is a special place in hell for these parents, at least I hope there is.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 10:22 PM on Jun. 16, 2010