Does anyone plan thier meals monthly? I'm just wondering how you do it, and if you double up on dinners?

I'd like to plan my dinners out for a month and go shopping accordingly. Does anyone do this? What can I make for picky eaters (DH...lol)

CAGirl4

Asked by CAGirl4 at 9:56 PM on Jun. 16, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I will plan my meals for 4 to 6 weeks at a time. The first thing I did was make a list of every breakfast/lunch/dinner that I could think of that my family will eat. I came up with almost 60 dinners! That gives me a lot of variety. Then I plan weekly meals from that list, trying to plan so that we're not eating chicken or beef dinners 2 or 3 nights in a row. For example, Sundays are usually a roast of some kind, Monday is a casserole night, Tuesday is skillet meal night, Wednesday is vegetarian, Thursday is hot sandwich night, Friday is pasta (spaghetti, lasagna, etc.) and Saturday is homemade pizza. I try to not repeat dinner menu options throughout the month except for the Saturday night pizza.

I do try to have leftovers. They become lunch for hubby at work or a hot lunch for those of us here at home. If I roast a chicken, I'll usually roast 2 chickens and use the meat from the 2nd one for sandwiches/casseroles/etc.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 10:16 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• Spaghetti & Lasagna are usually eaten around here and you can make a regular amount, then freeze half for later, or just double a recipe. We have a family of 4 and a whole meal would mean leftovers (my kids are 4 &5).
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 9:59 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• Yes I have planed june and july closer to august and september I will plan those, I always buy in bulk on sale, and I have such full cupboards I am weeding out the old stuff and emptying out the freezer.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:37 AM on Jun. 17, 2010