If I buy flour, eggs, milk, and sugar on food stamps to make cookies is it still wrong to buy junk food on EBT?

:)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:05 PM on Jun. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• not wrong.. why do some people think poor should = no treats"

I agree. I can't stand that. There is absolutely nothing wrong with a person buying a few items that aren't necessities if they're able to feed their family with the rest of the money given to them. Who cares if someone buys pre-made cookie dough? Omg, people need to mind their own business a little more and stop thinking that just because someone gets a tiny fraction of your taxes that you own them! Taxpayers also fund public schools. Should people with no children be allowed to tell you how to raise your kids just because they help pay for their education?
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:02 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• I'm not arguing what is or is not ok to buy on food stamps but making homemade cookies is WAY better than the processed crap at the store. That is from a healthy eating perspective - nothing regarding EBT. :)
    SoniaL

Answer by SoniaL at 10:07 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• lol...I always felt like people would judge me if I bought a package of sugar...
    Watch out for the chocolate chips!
    Anonymous

• Isnt the point of it not being the coupons anymore to give you freedom on what you would like to buy, and not waste it on food that people dont eat??? Not to mention, I highly doubt that your gonna use all the milk eggs flour and sugar on just cookies!
    Anonymous

• I think it's wrong and hoggish when I see people with a dozen bottles of pop, or cases or pop. Chips, junk food...real junk. But to bake cookies, no that's not so bad. Especially if you are baking them with the kids. That is just a good time then. Some of my best memories of growing up are baking with my family.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 10:08 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• buy what you need or want. who cares what people think. come one. just be glad you have help most don't
    Anonymous

• I don't even know how people know how people are paying... It's not like you had over the card and the cashier says 'oh ok food stamps.' If the people behind you are close enough to see what you are paying with, they are TO CLOSE. IMO.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 10:20 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• As long as you aren't buying 350 dollars worth of gummie worms and soda... Who cares?
    But_Mommie

• I wish I got food stamps.. even to buy me a bag of chips! BUY IT!
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 10:25 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• not wrong.. why do some people think poor should = no treats
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 10:28 PM on Jun. 16, 2010