have you ever used acupressure to induce labor? not acupuncture

did it work? how long did it take to start labor?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:08 PM on Jun. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• there is nothing wrong with trying to bring on labor if you are full term. My dr told me to massage my nipples because stimulating the nipples makes the uterus contract, just like when you nurse your baby, your uterus contracts. some of these things will only work if you are close to labor. and my dr also said that sex works because semen softens the cervix. good luck. just don't try the dumb ones like castor oil.
    Anonymous

• How about you just wait for labor to start on its own and not be selfish. Your child will come when he/she is ready.
    Anonymous

• How about you stay off of questions you don't have a damn answer for!!!
    Anonymous

• No kidding, I'm so sick of everyone telling me Im so horrible, and I'm so selfish because I want to jumpstart my labor. It's not like she's preterm. My doctor said it is completely fine for me to do anything I can that will safely put me into labor. These people think they're doctors or something, huh?
    Anonymous

• Anon #1, you are just out of line!

To answer your questions... This is probably TMI but, sex usually does the trick. I did it and was in labor about 6 hrs later. Good luck!
    Anonymous

• I agree that inducing is not safe,but your doctor sayd ok, so no i havent tried it, but my sister went into labor after sex!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 11:05 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• do not feel bad about trying to induce your labor! my daughter was four days late it was so miserable. I tried everything in the book and honestly, nothing worked. Red raspberry tea, bowling, sex, acupressure, primrose oil, stripping membranes, nothing worked. They just come when they are ready, I know it's discouraging. Just try to get a nap in to pass time, you'll be wishing you did once they are here! :)
    carly123

Answer by carly123 at 12:57 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• I also tried pulling out the breast pump and stimulating my nipples, didn't work. But who knows, could work for you!
    carly123

Answer by carly123 at 12:58 AM on Jun. 18, 2010