HELP Will my toenails ever be normal again ?

a few of my toenails have become very thick and when I clip them they just crumble. Anyone have this ? What can I do to get them back to normal ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:10 PM on Jun. 16, 2010 in Health

• Sound like you have fungus. You need to go to the doctor.
    Anonymous

• I have it. You need to go to a podiotrist (sp?). It is either hereditary(sp?) or it's caused by bacteria, simular to athletes foot. Mine is hereditary...my father has it and I didnt' get it until I was out of HS. I just keep them trimmed back as much as I can and keep them painted! I like to trim them when I get out of the shower so they're softer. I also file the tops down to make them less thick.
    Anonymous

• I would put athletes foot cream (also called antifungal ointment) on them before bed under socks, and keep the nails straight (filed neat) and painted.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:19 AM on Jun. 17, 2010