Hotel Cribs

Has anyone ever used a crib provided by the hotel? Are they full size? We are going away this weekend and I've requested a crib in the room and want to know if I'll be able to use the crib tent with it. I did call the hotel and the guy just said "they're big" lol.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:31 PM on Jun. 16, 2010 in Travel

• I work in a hotel and the ones at mine are a little smaller that regular cribs.

Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 10:33 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• A lot of cribs offered by hotels do not meet current safety standards. Just like the guy said... uh they are big... it is the same mentality of the hotel employees about making sure they are safe for kids. I would bring a packnplay so that you know your child is safe.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:34 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• We did on one vacation.. .. never gain. The crib we got was like a jail cell, all rusty. I made them take it back and we went out to walmart and bought a pack n play crib.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:37 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• I also made sure to report the cribs condition to the manager and the BBB.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:38 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• I thought about the pack n play but he's too big to sleep in it now. If he stands up his tummy is almost to the top lol. And he's not even 2! We're only spending one night so as long as the crib isn't on the verge of falling apart I think it should be fine, I'm just worried about him climbing out, which is why I want to bring the crib tent and I definitely can't use the tent on the pack n play.
    Anonymous

• haha hazeldove...what hotel did you stay at?
    Anonymous

• Well ours aren't rusty and are perfectly safe but I guess it is really up to you. And all hotels are different. GL :)
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 10:44 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• Brandi - what hotel do you work at?

The room we have is almost $200 a night so I'm going to be highly concerned if the cribs or ANYTHING fo that matter is rusty!!
    Anonymous

• It is a hotel in Bird-in Hand Pa called The Family Inn. I believe there rooms are about $180-$200 a night. (if I'm not mistaken)

Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 10:50 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• We stayed at one of the Marriot hotels - not a Marriot, but one of their cheaper ones. The crib there was just a pack n play.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 11:32 PM on Jun. 16, 2010