Why do you complain about a program that feeds families so their children don't go hungry?

This question is for the snooty people who disapprove of welfare, wic and food stamps. Basically public aid.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:38 PM on Jun. 16, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I do not disapprove of anything to do with food. I disapprove of welfare checks.. money people get each month for doing absolutely nothing....

Anonymous

• Because in their mind everyone on any kind of assistance is Precious and her mother. There are no cancer patients, elderly people, disabled people, widows/widowers or unemployed without warning people in their world.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:41 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• that's my beef with those people! if the gov doesnt feed those kids... guess what? noone will!
    Anonymous

• I agree that no child should go hungry. Actually the thought of any person being hungry is heart breaking. My heart aches for those who are in need of basic neccessities.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 10:47 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• I disapprove of how the government bureaucracy sucks money down the drain and only passes on a little to the needy.

It's easier to feel supportive of charities that actually pass on a 90-100% to the needy, rather than the government average of about 30%.
    Anonymous

• That was my point on another post. I personally can't stand the thought of people going hungry, so if for no other reason, that is why I support it.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:51 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• Yeah no kidding.. they make me feel worthless. My own brother had to bring me down about me being on food stamps, made it out like I'm a horrible parent because of it too. But thing is he tried to get on it, he just made too much money. When we don't have food stamps.. my kids go without a lot, I can't stand making my kids go without.. its not their fault that I didn't graduate highschool.. its not their fault that the only jobs I can get barely pay the child care. I go without a lot, but they shouldn't have to.
    Anonymous

• When you look at things like Greece on fire, you're forced to think about how realistically supportable all this nanny-state stuff is.

Heaven knows I don't want to see children go hungry, but I also don't want to see the whole economy of our country collapse. The CBO predicted our debt to GDP ratio is going to be at 90% in about 20 years! That means us and our kids being indebted slaves to our debt holders (primarily China).
    Anonymous

• Yeah no kidding.. they make me feel worthless. My own brother had to bring me down about me being on food stamps, made it out like I'm a horrible parent because of it too. But thing is he tried to get on it, he just made too much money. When we don't have food stamps.. my kids go without a lot, I can't stand making my kids go without.. its not their fault that I didn't graduate highschool.. its not their fault that the only jobs I can get barely pay the child care. I go without a lot, but they shouldn't have to."

That makes me sad :( I'm sorry people made you feel that way. I actually just posted a question regarding this. Your children definitely don't deserve to go without, and I'm glad people like you get food stamps so that they don't have to.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:12 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• Anon :40 so how should I buy my DD diapers when I can't find a job?
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 11:58 PM on Jun. 16, 2010