You're flying alone with your 2 year old for the first time...as you board the plane your child throws a gnarly tantrum...what would YOU do?

This is my biggest fear!

I'm flying cross-country with my two year old next month, by myself, and I'm nervous. She's never flown before, so I have no idea how she's going to behave.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:44 PM on Jun. 16, 2010 in General Parenting

• What I did..... was nothing! :) There is not much you can do on a plane. Just try not to worry about all the people that are making faces at you! I had a 4 hour flight and my little man screamed for about 3 hours! Yeah it was a lot of fun! Lol! GL hun! :)

Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 10:47 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• Been there! There is nothing you can do but stay calm yourself and try not to cause an even bigger scene. Just hold her in your lap and try your best to soothe her. Ignore the stares lol. Eventually she'll calm down. I won't lie though that plane trip was one of the worse 6 hour of my life! Hopefully it goes better for you :)
    Anonymous

• who cares if they have kids people will get it if they dont oh well! i was so woried bout my 2 year old on a road trip but he didnt cry once you may get a big surprise! just make it fun and build her up for it and it will work out!
    saadamarie

Answer by saadamarie at 11:00 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• Just look around and say "whos kid IS this?".
    Joking! Been there, it's never as bad as you imagine it will be.
    Have a good trip!
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 11:06 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• Pull out a toy/snack/distraction/bribe/video/gadget. lol
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 1:37 AM on Jun. 17, 2010