Would You Say Your First Year Of Marriage Was The Hardest?

My mother always claims that her first year married to my dad was the toughest - he was an only child and reeeeeeaally needed some self-help lessons, lol. I would say my 2nd year of marriage was the hardest because I turned 30, we had the twins after 2 months of bedrest, and moved 6 1/2 hours away from home to be near his family. I think I cried every day over something he said to me that year. What year was YOUR hardest?

rebabeach2

Asked by rebabeach2 at 10:46 PM on Jun. 16, 2010 in Relationships

• I don't really have a hardest year. Marriage has been so easy for us, I don't know how we lucked into such a great relationship. We are just really compatible. There have been tough times, but none that lasted for very long. We do work hard to keep each other happy and fulfilled.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:49 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• wow must be nice to have such a perfect life ::rolls eyes::
    Anonymous

• Hey now... I was not saying we have a perfect life. I said we are very compatible and are lucky that it has been easy.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:52 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• i would say my first yr was, but now i have him trained hehe
    oppsdiditagain

Answer by oppsdiditagain at 10:54 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• NO
    Anonymous

• I'd say our 3rd year has been the hardest. We were trying for a baby, I got pregnant and realized that it was a mistake, and then I lost it... I felt aweful, we then decided we'd wait though.. and I accidently got pregnant. This pregnancy has been so horrible... lots of complications, lots of trips to the doctors/hospital.. We've had lots of money problems too, because he got fired due to my pregnancy problems..Plus we found out last year that his dad had been molesting my daughter, and we've struggled to stay together though that.(we still struggle to stay together because of that). I'm surprised we're even still together. I guess we just keep hoping things will turn around for us and go back to the way they used to be.
    Anonymous

• i have to say the first and a little of the second he had a hard time figuring out he was no longer on the market now things are good he says lots of hurtful things but i guess it is just communication problems! every marrage will have problems but i have to say it could be worse! but thank god its not!
    Anonymous

• Our second year was hardest, toward the end of it when our kid was born. Before that, it was fun and carefree. After she was born, she was sick, spent a week in the hospital in another state, something neither of us had dealt with until that point. But we got through it with neither of us going to jail for murdering the other and are now great and just celebrated our 7th anniversary.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 11:04 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• The first year was hard...but the HARDEST was probably the year after dd was born for SOOO many reasons. I'm glad we made it through all that though!
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 11:14 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• We havn't really had a hard year, both of us pretty much found what we were looking for, we love each other and enjoy each other, when we have hard times we just work through them with lots of talking, things have gotten harder when we had kids but that's only cuz we don't have the freadon of get up and go when ever we feel like it and more attention goes to the kids other then each other.
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 11:20 PM on Jun. 16, 2010