postpartum depression...

Does anyone know of a group either here on cafemom or somewhere else online where women going through this can talk to eachother and ask questions?
If you have had postpartum depression, how long did it last? What types of things did you experience?
I had my daughter a month ago.. don't know if it will go away..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:48 PM on Jun. 16, 2010 in Health

• You really should see your doctor as soon as possible. Sometimes post partum depression does not go away, and can actually get worse without the right medication or treatment. There are usually support groups around each city too.
    Anonymous

• See a doc asap. I am on antidepressants and have been for a while, though you may only need to be for a short time if you've never really had depression. I have all of my life and it just got worse after having kids, so anyway- it lasted a while for me (indefinately)...

I just experienced irritablity, anger, sadness, not wanting to live/ go on, helplessness...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:21 AM on Jun. 17, 2010