Anyone dealing with cancer issues

My sister was just diagnosed with lung cancer. She is very stoic and I am the baby. I have been strong and not cried but it is tearing me apart. What or how should I handle this info?

jacksonblue

Asked by jacksonblue at 10:59 PM on Jun. 16, 2010 in Relationships

• There are different support groups you can go to with people going through the same thing as you. My stepmom has breast cancer, but they got it all. It's very tough, but you just have to try to stay strong. Don't cry to her, but when/if you do need to cry, cry to a good friend. They will be there for you and maybe help more than one would think. .....I also think catering to your sister would make it worse. Just try to go about your normal lives together and make it as normal as possible between you two. I'm so sorry that you have to go through this.
    Anonymous

• Honey,
    I am going through this for the 5th time, with my mother.
    It went from her lung to her liver 3 times, and then my grandmother died in MAY, and just after that ...
    My mom is dieing ?

If you need a friend, I am here ?
    SissyAnn141

Answer by SissyAnn141 at 11:59 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• my father in law passed away on his bday from lung cancer, but dont worry there is alot of stuff out there and i bet shes a fighter its hard just spend every minute you can with her and i will keep u in my prayers
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:29 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Jacksonblue, I know what you are going through. It's so hard to see a loved one be so sick. Remain positive for your sister and do not cry around her. If you need to cry, leave the room.

My Dad was diagnosed February of this year with having Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma. He has had four months of Chemo and now we're waiting to hear if it has killed all or some of the cancer. I pray to God that we get a good answer!

I love my Dad so much!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on Jun. 17, 2010