Gestational Diabetes During Pregnancy

ok ladies i got my testing dne today and i was one point over and i gotta go back and do the three hour testin and im scared i have it cuz im only 27 weeks and my baby weighs almost 3 pounds and when the dr messured me she told me im was a lil on the big side and when they weighed me ive only gained less than a pound so its all babyand my weight gaing is good to be on the chunky side and i jus wanna know if any of yall have been through or are going through the same thing and how to cope wit it cuz she told me if she if she weighed bout 6to 7 pounds shell enduce me then and if she wieghs more than that ill get a c-section cuz i shouldnt have to suffer givin birth to a 8 9 or 10 pound baby.....

senior_2OO8

Asked by senior_2OO8 at 11:29 PM on Jun. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• 1. wow.. shouldn't have to suffer a 8lb baby??? I've never heard a dr say that, crazy, and the u/s that tells the size of baby is sooo wrong half the time! my dr said with GD that anything under 9 lbs(based on the u/s) they won't induce early or even suggest a c-section, my u/s said my baby would be almost 10lbs, so went for induction(which FAILED) so they sent me home tried again in a week(i was 40 weeks then) and she came out 8lbs 9oz 22inches.. so not the 10 lbs they saw on the u/s... and honestly unless your a tiny tiny woman, 8lbs really is not that out of the norm for women to deliver
    oppsdiditagain

Answer by oppsdiditagain at 11:47 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• oh and i didn't suffer lol.. had a whole 2 stitches!
    oppsdiditagain

Answer by oppsdiditagain at 11:48 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• YES I HAD TO GO FOR THE 3 STEP AND I DIDNT HAVE IT AND MY FISRT BABY WAS SAID TO BE BORN AT 9 POUNDS AND SHE ONLY COME OUT 6.7 SO IT IS OK I HAD THE SAME PROB
    bneedham07

Answer by bneedham07 at 11:58 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• I had gd. Its really not that bad. They induced me cause an ultrasound said my son was 10lb 3oz at 39 weeks. he was born 8lb 8oz (also at 39 weeks). The ultrasounds and measurements can be sooo wrong. If you have any questions about gd or anything message me. I would be happy to help :) And i only gained 1 pound my whole pregnancy and my uterus always measured ahead. 4 weeks ahead towards the end. Dont worry :)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 11:59 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• I have gd and they are inducing me monday and I'm not due until the 26 and a friend of mine has gd she has to take insultin before bed in the morning I had to take it before bed its really not that bad just have to get use to it... the only thing is I hated is when everyone is eating the good stuff u have to eat like a rabbit but everything will be ok if u follow what the doctor tells u I thought I was going to die but I measure out like I never had gd at all and the good part about my last three pregnacy my kids where late with this one she can come earily just keep ur head up and u and the baby will do just fine and if anyone tells u other wides tell them to kick rocks...................gl hun and I'm here for ya
    mumof404060910

Answer by mumof404060910 at 10:06 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• I've had gd with 4 out of my 5 pregnancies and it's really not that bad. At my last ultrasound (at 36 weeks) they told me she weighed between 6 lb 10 oz and 6 lbs 13 oz - I've only gained 7 lbs during my whole pregnancy. I haven't had to take insulin with any of mine - for 2 it was controlled by diet and the other 2 it was diet and a pill called glyburide. My first baby that I didn't have gd with was bigger than any of the ones that I did have gd with! (He was 8 lbs 9 oz, all my other ones have been smaller). You may not have gd, but even if you do it's really no big deal.
    And I would really question your doc about saying if the baby is over 7 lbs that he'll do a csection? That's a MUCH longer recovery time and most women are more than able to deliver an 8-9 lb baby safely! (I've had both vaginal and c-section deliveries, so I know the difference)

Answer by missanc at 10:51 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• I forgot to mention i was able to control my gd by diet till about a month before i delivered. Then i had to take the glyburide pill. No insulin for me though :)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 1:07 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• What??? I would find a different doc cause you def don't need a c section or induction for an 8 or even 9lb baby. That's just ridiculous LoL I didn't even have GD and I vaginally delivered an 8lb 9.12lb, 9.15lb and 10.2lb babies, oh yeah, NO stitches either! Just saying, it CAN be done and unless there is some risk of harm to you or baby to stay away from a c section, I have a few friends who had them and its a tough recovery! Good luck anyway.. :)
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 1:45 PM on Jun. 17, 2010