Am i pregnant? Or could this be something else.

I took two pregnancy tests (one home and one at the doctor) and both came back negative. But my periods have been coming later and later. My periods are regular, they come like clockwork. One period was a week and a half late and my last one was nearly a month late. And lately I have been feeling fluttery movements in my stomach normally at night. I already have a 35 month old son and the symptoms seem similar. I did the calculations if I am pregnant I would be about 16 wks. Could there be another explanation? The internet has not been a great help to me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:39 PM on Jun. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i think u r prego tell ur dr u wat an ultrasound done..i ddnt know i was prego til i was 7 months along
    Anonymous

• Please stop using months to describe your son's age. It looks weird. Just say he is about three years old!!
    Anonymous

• dont be a bitch to her she says it how she wants to so get a life and get off ur rag
    Anonymous

• THAT IS WHY SHES ON HERE TO ASK QUESTIONS IF YOU DONT LIKE THE WAY SHE SAYS IT MOVE ON TO THE NEXT QUESTION AND HAVE A LITTLE RESPECT.....YOU THINK?
    bneedham07

Answer by bneedham07 at 11:49 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• take a test.
    mommy0217

Answer by mommy0217 at 11:57 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• I would see the doctor. If you're not pregnant, there could be something else that needs attention. Get it checked out just in case.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:59 PM on Jun. 16, 2010

• Thx ladies I just hope this isn't something really serious. I've read online that others have gone through this and the docs don't have answers to give
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:11 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• LOL I accidentally typed 99 months for my sons age on a question instead of 9 months and people freaked out at me! But my DF's cousin had the same thing happen to her and she was pregnant. I agree with PP's. Ask for an ultrasound and if you're not pregnant ask the doc what else could be causing the weirdness. Good luck!
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 12:24 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Many things can cause periods to be weird. Pregnancy is only one. Hormonal changes in general. Changes in medication. Stress. Age. I feel fluttery movements all the time in my stomach - I definitely am not pregnant. Are you WANTING/HOPING to be pregnant? Sometimes that will do it too. You can convince yourself and weird symptoms can start happening.

The only way to really know - go to the doctor and have them do a blood test. That is the best way. But if you ARE 16 weeks, then you should get a BFP on your pg test. IDK.
    ratchetlee

Answer by ratchetlee at 12:24 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• I agree with a PP. After your child has their 2nd birthday.... PLEASE stop using months. Its annoying and irritates people... you may not realize it, but people DO talk about you and laugh at you when you do that. Most people are fine with 23 months, but after that - they are 2, 2 1/2, 3, etc.... NOT 35 months. It would easier to say - he'll be 3 next month - seriously. I'm just sayin'.....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:27 AM on Jun. 17, 2010