What do you do when a person comes into your sons life, She's a mess OMG how do you aprove and you can't?

oneperfectmom

Asked by oneperfectmom at 12:01 AM on Jun. 17, 2010 in Adult Children (18+)

• You sound like my Mother in law. There is nothing you can do. You can talk smack about her and try to get your son to let go of her, but he will probably just resent you for it. That's what happened in my situation. We avoid his mother like the plague. He chose me because she put him in that position.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:05 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• I'm so sorry that you're going through this. I know how you feel. We want the best for our sons, and hope they will meet girls that love them and make their lives better.....and even want to become part of our families. I have 3 sons. we went through something like this with my middle son, luckily he woke up before it was too late. The girl he's with now is a dream. My heart is with you, if you need a friend, message me.....
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 12:07 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• You are a sweet lady who has to deal with trash. SO sorry. You seem like a wonderful mom. I hope things get better.She sounds like a hot mess. My heart goes out to you.
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 12:16 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• i think u should back up be wise and give her a chance becuz if u love ur son you love what comes with him
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:30 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Ugh! i have the opposite problem. I have a perfect DH but a horrible MIL. I've been trying to find out how to get rid of her too! She's a huge, huge(literally) mess.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:31 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Even as a parent we try to protect out children. It's not always easy. Since they are eighteen and older they are considered adults, and if you push your opinion on him too much, it may backfire. Just ease up on the situation, although I do know it is easier said than done. Just pray that he comes to his senses before it's too late. He's human too, he will also make his share of mistakes.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:45 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• You deal with his choice the best you can, and make the best of it.

Answer by older at 7:05 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• I am dealing with a similar situation, I tried to talk to me son about his girlfriend but he felt like he was being attacked so I stopped. I try to remember what it was like to be his age and the choices I made at that age. i had a few boyfriends that my mom didn't like, but I had to find out on my own the hard way, and eventually i realized that they were wrong for me. I never realized what I had put my mom through until i became a parent. You just have to hope that the foundation you created for your son will prevail and that he will realize eventually that the girl is wrong for him, he will come to his senses.

timberlake

Answer by timberlake at 7:27 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• wow...almost wonder if this is a post from the past by my MIL....Been with Dh for almost 8 years and she still doesn't approve of me, even though we are happily married with children now, and in our mid 20's
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:44 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Step back and keep your mouth shut. If she is as bad as you think she is, she'll eventually disappear from his life OR you will at least keep your relationship with your son intact.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:44 PM on Jun. 17, 2010