anyone know of a good body cleanse/detox?

I would like to boost my health and start a healthy lifestyle. Does anyone know of a recipe for a body cleanse. please give instructions too. I'm looking for one that probably last no more than 14 days.

motherwanting6

Asked by motherwanting6 at 12:23 AM on Jun. 17, 2010 in Health

• Personally I don't believe in the whole body cleanse systems. I think they are a way people try and make money. The body is self cleaning. A juice or tablet is unecessary to "cleanse" the body. People to tend to carry water wieght when they have a high intake of salt in thier diet. A person who is constipated is possibly dehydrated and not drinking anough fluids or have enough fiber in the diet. The so called, cleaning of toxins is funny because since the beginning of time, man has done a pretty good job of cleansing thier bodies. They are a waste and I think people tend to turn to them when they are wanting to lose a few extra pounds thinking the cleanse systems will help them lose weight.
    lawmom27

Answer by lawmom27 at 12:29 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• I dunno. But a friend of ours at church is doing the Jillian Michael's 30 day burn or something and it had her give up sugar. She says she feels great.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 1:13 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• oatmeal actually scrubs your body clean of impureties. also berries flush toxins out of your body
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 1:34 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• An older couple at my church were diagnosed with cancer, I can't remember what kind. The doctors suggested surgery. The couple would not accept that as an answer. So they searched the world over for a anti-toxin to cleanse their bodies inside out. They found one, it was a diet made up entirely of grapes. Green grapes, purple grapes, white grapes, fresh squeezed grapes for juice (no additives) were the only things on the menu for 30 days straight. With prayer requests and their grape diets, not only did they cleanse their bodies of impurities, but they both got rid of their cancer. They began their second lease of life eating naturally after that.

Idk if it works for 14 days, it might. I personally wouldn't be able to eat grapes day after day. But the couple was desperate enough to try it. I remember the couple saying the doctors were stunned and tested and re-tested them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:04 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• i too believe the body is self cleansing.
    first, quit eating processed foods.
    second, drink tons of water to flush.
    third, eat cleansing nutritious foods like broccoli, dark leafy greens like collards, swiss chard, and kale.
    i like to imagine how native americans would have eaten, and try my best to eat like that. lots of water, nuts, seeds berries greens and fish. eat the cleanest foods you can.
    i wish you the best of luck on your journey to better health!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:26 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• I tried the herbal pills - CVS brand. It was $15 and two bottles. You take two pills from each bottle in the AM and PM, with your meal and a full glass of water.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 10:48 AM on Jun. 18, 2010