how do you help your baby sleep longer at night?

i have tried the night time formula and baths before bed he stays up till 10 or 11 and he still wakes up 3 to 4 times a night what can i do different to help him sleep more?

LisaZayas

Asked by LisaZayas at 12:37 AM on Jun. 17, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I dont think there is anything you can do. He wont do it until hes ready.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 12:38 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• I always said I'd never do it but sometimes I take my 2 month old into bed with me because I know he'll sleep longer. Probably not a good habit to get into but hey when you're desperate for sleep... Also try swaddling, it helped with my first born but no such luck with my new baby.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:41 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• i have been taking my son into the bed with us since he was born but now he kicks my husband and he doesnt want him in the bed anymore he doesnt want him to get use to it! AAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWW man
    LisaZayas

Answer by LisaZayas at 12:43 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Stop trying to help. Follow his natural rhythm. My 8 1/2 month old goes to bed at 10:30, wakes at around 1 or 2 for a pee and feed then back to sleep, then wakes again around 5 for another pee and feed, then sleeps again until 8 0r 9

Waking is not unusual.

We cosleep so I am not up much longer than it would take me to go to the bathroom myself.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 12:53 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Oh, try a sidecar set up. That way your husband doesn't get kicked, you get to cosleep, and you get more room.  http://www.freewebs.com/sidecarcrib/

amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 12:54 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• how old is he ?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:52 AM on Jun. 17, 2010