first birthday party ideas?

krn81

Asked by krn81 at 12:39 AM on Jun. 17, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Outdoor park with a pavilion, maybe near a playground?. Make it simple, fun and relaxing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:40 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• we just had a family get together. we had a bbq with hamburgers, hot dogs, different salads, fruit and veggies w/dip. I made a pink princess castle cake ( girl obviously) and make a pink high chair skirt with rinestones and ribbon. we hung pink and white balloons and streamers and that was it :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:41 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• I agree. Don't waste a ton of money on the first birthday. A park is a great idea. sloppy joe's or hot dogs and burgers.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:42 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• I went all out for DS' 1st birthday. He's my first, so we were overly excited. I planned out this cute little cowboy-themed party, with decorations to the T, the $75 designer cake, we smoked 2 pork loins the night before, made 2 gallons of (home-made) baked beans... potato salad, the whole bit. Of 70 or so we invited, expecting 30-45 people, 12 showed up. 1 of those 12 weren't even on the invite list.

If I could do it all again, I'd have saved all the money on the invites, the money from the cake, and some of the decorations and spent more money on my DS.

I had a guest come to me and say, "Bayly, well, I got your son a gift, I did. Then I realized when I got here I had left my checkbook at home."

We had this at a park, and it was good for us, because there was plenty of room to let off steam!!

Just be prepared for anything, and don't let it disappoint you.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 9:10 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Keep in mind, my friends are all in college, and don't have kids, so this wasn't on their list of priorities.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 9:11 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• We have a laaaarge family..lol..So i had to rent a hall (which i know the owners so it was only like 25 bucks:)) to accomadate all of them. I have gotten 60+ rsvp so far. And this is just close family and friends. lol. Im doing hot dogs, diff salads, chips, hot wings, sandwiches, and cake and ice cream. I got my decor at the dollar store :) lol.. They had a cute theme! And im handing out lil gift bags to the kids and the older ones are going to play pin the tail on the donkey ;)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 2:19 PM on Jun. 17, 2010