Old Wives tale ???

Well I have been TTC for about five years and my family keeps telling me that I cant get pregnant because I have cats. They tell me get rid of your cats and you'll get pregnant. I just wanted to know if there is people out there that got pregnant and that had cats, just hoping its an old wives tale I just dont see the connection of cats and getting pregnant. Thanks

arelybee

Asked by arelybee at 12:43 AM on Jun. 17, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I had 2 cats when I got pregnant and I have a lot of friends who have had children with cats living in their homes. I would say that is surely an old wives tale.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:44 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• It's an old wives tale....same with all the gender prediction ones.
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 12:45 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• That's pure BS!!! We have 3 cats... I got preggers the first month we tried the first time, and with in 3 months the 2nd time!! If you are tracking your cycle correctly, and have been trying for 6 pulse months talk to your Doc... it may be something they can help you with!!!

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 12:46 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Well - we tried for 2 years... got a kitten and i got pregnant 2 weeks later :-). lol. We ended up getting rid of the cat (I am not a cat person) and now we have 3 kids. So yes, it is a wives tale.

That is actually one wives tale that I had never heard before :-)
    ratchetlee

Answer by ratchetlee at 12:53 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Well when I got pregnant with my first I was living in a house with 8 cats when I got pregnant with my second hubby and I had 2.
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 2:00 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• i had a cat and was able to concieve 2 babies
    emleejanedom

Answer by emleejanedom at 3:03 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• I had like 7 cats (1 was actually mine...the others belonged to my siblings) when I got pregnant with my DD.

Get the book Taking Charge Of Your Fertility.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:06 AM on Jun. 17, 2010