What's the point of sleepovers?

My son is having a friend over tonight to stay the night. His buddy is really well-behaved and very sweet so it's not a big deal, but he lives right next door. They hang out together all the time. I'm just wondering why they feel the need to have sleepovers? Are your kids like this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:08 AM on Jun. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

• The point is to stay up late being silly, trying to see who falls asleep first.
    It's just fun.
    My oldest daughter has been sleeping over at her BFF's house since she was almost 5 (her BFF is 1 year and 1 day older then her and their first sleepover was for their birthday that year). She lived right next door. They would spend whole weekends together...just like me and the girl's mother did when we were kids. Just to hang out, stay up late and goof off.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:14 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Don't you remember having or going to a sleepover? It's the feeling of being considered as part of the family.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:15 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Sleep overs are a fun time where you aren't on a time schedule to go home. It is a right of passage. Why be a fun sucker? Geez the moms on this site want to make their kids lives as unfun as possible. Give the kids snacks, movies and let them stay up as late as they can. Its Summer and they're kids.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:17 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

Retard! Did I not say he is having a sleepover? Also, how are sleepovers a right of passage?

Thanks justanotherjen for a real answer;)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:20 AM on Jun. 17, 2010