How to deal with a problem neighbor.

A few weeks ago my daughter had her 2nd cancer free party. She is 9 years old and has battled cancer for 4 years.
I told her she could invite some friends to come and then sleep over. Our neighborhood has no shortage of children. This one neighbor, we invited her three children. They were the worst behaved; throwing things, rudeness, and getting red marker prints on my freshly painted walls. My daughter did not like that the one girl got marker on the wall and the other children did not either resulting in the "marker girl" going home crying. The parents are aware of what happened but the mom has yet to apologize and ignores my family when driving by or when she sees us. I am angry that she will not apologize. What to do? The children have not always been behaved but this time they were the worst. The father will not stand up to his wife and convince her to apologize for what her children did to my home.

lilysmom606

Asked by lilysmom606 at 1:08 AM on Jun. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• Just let it go and don't invite them over again.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 1:12 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• I'd say its a bit too late to say something, but you could have just walked her home and explained so the parent knew what really happened )not her daughter's version)
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 1:40 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Doesn't seem like there is alot you can do at this point but you should have taken her home and spoken to the mother right away. She probably is not even aware that you are still dwelling on the issue.
    sugabug001

Answer by sugabug001 at 1:46 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• you cant force someone to apologize to you! your version and perspective may be totally different than the little girls. If my child came home from a party crying, I would be at that house right then wanting it explained to me. if your child came home from a party crying, would you run over and apologize? and she may be embarassed, let it go...you of anyone should know life i=s too sho=rt and precious to hold grudges...congrats to your daughter :). thats wonderful.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 1:50 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• i would let it go and im sorry that you child has been battling cancer im glad shes doing great now
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:31 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Clean the walls and ban the children from your home.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 9:44 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• her mom was probably hurt that her daughter came home crying. Who knows what her daughter told her.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:08 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• I would let it go, if she has not apologized by now she never will. I would just ignore her and her kids, and in the future I would not invite her kids over. I would ban them from my house/yard.

Congratulations on your daughter being Cancer free-- that is wonderful!

MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 11:29 AM on Jun. 17, 2010