Have you ever gotten real whiplash? Is it possible I am just now noticing this?

I got rear ended about a week ago. Wasnt my fault. I had real bad neck pain that kicked in about an hour after the cop left and all was said and done.
For the last few days the neck pain is mostly gone but I am having trouble concentrating, feel sick to my stomach, and super dizzy and tired. I dont have insurance until the end of the month and even though it wasnt my fault, I dont think the kid who hit me was entirely at blame either so I would hate to make him cover medical expenses.
Does this sound like whiplash? Should I go in and get checked out and if so, where do I go from there to get the bills covered?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:33 AM on Jun. 17, 2010 in Health

• The same thing happened to me. i was hit when I was 20 and thought everything was OK. About a week later I had really severe head pain and had my husband take me to the hospital. When they were taking y history he mentioned the accident. I thought it couldn't possibly have been from that because it was at least a week earlier.
    But they took x-rays and said it was whiplash.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 1:41 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• did you file a claim?
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 1:53 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• also...what happened next? How long did it take you to heal? I am getting married in 10 days and want to be able to dance. :(
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 1:56 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• yes, it does.. fairly textbook actually.. (sound like whiplash...)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:33 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• In my case I had given them my health insurance info and the hospital but when my hubby told them about the car accident they ripped up the paperwork and started over. It got paid for by the other party's insurance because they caused the accident.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 9:16 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• i got rearended once and i didnt notice i had whiplash till about 3 days later. My neck and shoulders hurt so bad. I couldnt even turn my head to the left.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:18 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• call your auto insurance company. they will tell you what to do next. i think you should see a chiropractor everyday until your wedding, and then again after the night of dancing too!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:42 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Go to a CHIROPRACTOR!!!!!!!!!
    Anonymous