taking the chance

Im 15 weeks and work full time at starbucks which means im never sitting down, theres no time or place. In august ill be working full time and going to school three nights a week, four hours per day. Im due really close to the last day of school.

will standing all the time cause problems?
Think I should take the chance with school?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:20 PM on Jun. 27, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Standing won't cause problems, but poor posture and tired legs will. I would go ahead with school and do the best I could with what time I had left. Once you have your baby, you won't have ANY time. Pray that the baby doesn't come til after your finals =) Good luck!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:22 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• if you know what classes you plan to take try emailing the professors and explain the situation, see if the baby was to come early if there is a way to make up the final...I am in school full time too...I am due in sept luckily for I was able to get all of my classes online this semester instead of on campus. Good Luck
    Anubis8733

Answer by Anubis8733 at 9:24 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• just be careful while at work!, any chance you do get to rest do so. it won't hurt, exercise is great actually for you and the baby!, i wish i could have stayed working myself, but i am close to the end and still walk and stand doing dishes or things around the house because any exercise is better than none. and as for school, just make make sure you talk to your professors like anubis said and make sure you can arrange for finals if need be. good luck!!!! and take care of yourself!
    enjen

Answer by enjen at 9:28 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• School is always a good choice, don't get stuck working at a dead end job. As far as standing... wear panyt hose so you don't get spider veins all over your legs and wear good shoes. I was a waitress up until about 6 weeks before I delivered. It sucks, but try to sit as much as possible.
    sapient

Answer by sapient at 10:15 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• I work at the snack bar at target and I stand a lot. Its not bad for you but sit when you need to and if you can elevate your feet then do that as well. Also work on your posture. I think someone said that already. Congrats on being in school.
    Queentdi

Answer by Queentdi at 12:06 AM on Jun. 28, 2008

• sometimes jobs will let you sit in between customers talk to your boss about it . You should stay in school just get plenty of rest when you can . good luck and congrats
    angeleyesm

Answer by angeleyesm at 1:23 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• I think you will be okay. I worked fulltime and cared for my dying mom and exercised as well. If you start to feel tired, make sure to rest and just listen to your body. Also, talk to your professors and let them know your situation, maybe they can make arrangements for you to take your finals early.
    Lisa
    www.bumpfashion.com
    bumpfashion

Answer by bumpfashion at 5:11 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• You sound like a strong woman to begin with. You will have to listen to your body as your pregnancy progress's. Many women have been in your shoes and came out fine. Education is so important for you and your baby. Good luck!
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 5:02 PM on Jun. 25, 2010