why are black babys always small?

just from looking at pictures or in person. seems like African American NEWBORN babys are really tiny and thin compare to any other race

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:13 AM on Jun. 17, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I've never noticed this. Do you have a link? I don't know any black people, it's just where I live, but I have many white friends who have small babies.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:15 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• I definitely haven't noticed that, I've seen plenty of big African American babies... and tons of small white babies.
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 2:28 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Why are white women that ask questions like this always so dumb? It's Babies, not Babys.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:41 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• LOL not true and why do u care???? and i have seen many more preemie white babies
    lendales_mommi

Answer by lendales_mommi at 4:33 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• That's incredibly uneducated and racist. Get a life. There's no difference between African-American BABIES and caucasian BABIES. Either race can be born premature or can be born large. My African-American cousin weighed 9 pounds 10 ounces when she was born and my caucasian son weighed 6 pounds 13 ounces. There is no difference between the races. One is not more prone to smaller children than the other. Think before you type!
    jessflynn

Answer by jessflynn at 9:22 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• I suppose no one saw the SARCASM in my previous reply, which it seems has been deleted. Oh well.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 10:27 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• I just googled this.....

By the 39th week, 51 percent of black babies have been born but only 33 percent of whites. By the 40th week, the figures are 70 percent and 55 percent. Shorter gestation seems to be a characteristic of blacks that is independent of social status or access to medicine.

I can give the link if anyone cares.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:41 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• who the hell said i was comparing to white babies? ugh you people always jump to racism
    Anonymous