Any opinions on the new AZ law?

There's so much controversy on the new AZ law that takes affect on July 29th, I would like to hear opinions from a variety of races.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:18 AM on Jun. 17, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• which law????
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 4:22 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• I lived in AZ for 10 yrs and I agree that something needs to be done.If the feds are not able to fix the problem then the people of the state have right to try and fix it. I wouldn't have a problem if I was profiled based on my accent and skin color because I am not braking the law so whats to worry about.I wasn't born here and have an accent , i also look latino but I also have legal documents and I am not a criminal so I vote yes, something needs to be done.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:47 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• You must be new here, OP...this topic has had it's share of heated debates since it was announced!

Here you go!

http://www.cafemom.com/search/index.php?keyword=arizona+immigration+law

:o)

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:51 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• I'm only worried about innocent people being hurt and AZ law enforcement using bullying tactics or blaming the "system/law" when they accidentally kill a legal citizen... "I thought they were going for a gun"... When in fact they were reaching for a cel or something else. It can and may happen. With all the proven bigotry in this country some cops will use their power in the wrong way and make excuses later on.
    Anonymous

• Good for them. I'm all for it and I am a white person who lives in TX for whatever that matters to you.
    If there are any "poor innocent" people hurt by this they can use the law and sue just as anyone else can in the real world.
    Pssst, It's in the law.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 3:44 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• The only thing I am confused about concerning this law is that people who are against are screaming it's unconstitutional, it violates rights and a bunch of other stuff like that. I thought the constitution only applied to US citizens and legal immigrants? I mean, if you are here legally, you have nothing to worry about right? And alot of people are making it sound like police are going to be able to walk up to someone on the street and demand papers if they "look" illegal but I also thought the cops need reasonable suspicion, like you were speeding, then if they suspect you are here illegally, they ask for proof. IDK I could be wrong about this whole thing.
    Anonymous

• If I'm the poor innocent sole you refer to and I'm "accidently" shot dead how do I sue like everyone else in the real world?

ppssst, itsmesteph ~ that was an asinine rebuttal!
    Anonymous

• Seriously, shouldn't they get arrested for NOT HAVING A DRIVER'S LISCENSE? That is a reason to arrest them. This is beyond rediculous. There are places around the AZ border that American's can't even go to because of the Mexican drug runners and people are worried about their "rights." We need a military protected border and to deport everyone that shouldn't be here. It seems EVERY country can have immigration laws except for us. Why is that?
    Anonymous

• Well for that matter, should any of us follow the laws since they don't seem to apply to illegal persons? I mean, if someone can illegally cross the border into this country then shouldn't I be able to get a free pass to speed or to break and enter? What's the point of having laws if we aren't going to follow them or even worse, if our law enforcement won't enforce them?

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:02 PM on Jun. 17, 2010