what else should i get my 8 year old for her birthday?(no bashing no annoumous)

ok so my 8 year old birthday recently passed in May but her party is at the end of june shes having a big Rockstar themed oarty were everyone is going to come dressed like a rockstar,were having up 200 guests,alot of activites,air brushed tattoos,glitter and extension stations,and a nail station

soo for gifts i bought her 3 justin Bieber Concert tickets,A pink ipod Nano,i just need 1 more thing to get her
i dont mind if its expensive because her dad,her grandpa,and her god parents payed for the party

LABELmeCUTE

Asked by LABELmeCUTE at 2:34 AM on Jun. 17, 2010 in About CafeMom

• Wow. Just wow.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 2:38 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• You could get her one of your favorite books you had at her age. You guys can take turns reading pages or chapters to each other...it might be a nice trip down memory lane for you and she would get to enjoy time with you doing something she knows you like :)
    katie23

Answer by katie23 at 2:59 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Not bashing, but that's dumb, over the top, etc. I wouldn't even let my DD attend a party like that! And finances aren't an issue here either.

Anon just because I can.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:09 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• I think some moms may just be jealous that you are able to do that for your child. If i had the money to do so I would love to go all out like that for my child. (Id just make sure she appreciated it and didnt expect its)

It sounds like she has a lot already and im sure shell love all of it :)
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 4:04 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Wow...umm...books...
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 4:26 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• LOL this is crazy it isn't her sweet 16. But she is one lucky girl that probably doesn't need or want anything else.
    lendales_mommi

Answer by lendales_mommi at 4:31 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• What about a pink nintendo DSI. My son is 9 and loves his DSI. Or maybe a guitar and guitar lessons? I agree with others that replied with books. Books are always a great gift. Sounds like an AWESOME party! Have fun!
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 4:33 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• ok might she might be a little young but, what about a cell phone? My niece has one (she is 9) but she can only call her mom and a few other select people but i think that it makes her feel "cool" ya know?

sounds like an amazing party i wish i could do that for my dd!!!!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:44 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Teaching humility is important! I think the party alone is enough! It is nearly impossible for a rich man to enter the gates of heaven!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 8:48 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• I am afraid I agree that's a bit over the top. By the time she is 16 you will have a real problem finding gifts appropriate for her age. Think about what you are teaching her. Juts by saying money is no object bc some guy will pay for it worries me. You are teaching her to depend on others to provide for her. That demeans her value. What happens when she grows up turning to men for everything instead of working for it? Teach her what is important in life, to give and be grateful not just to take and take and take. Not bashing, just worried you are taking her down the wrong path.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:49 AM on Jun. 17, 2010