How likely is it to get pregnant after a tubal?

My husband and I have 3 children and after out son 4 months ago, I had a tubal during my c-section. I have always been on a 28 day cycle, except 3 times. I've been early a few times but I've never EVER been late unless I was pregnant.(I'm even down to the HOUR on the 28th day) And it's been this way since my son was born also...so imagine my HORROR...SHOCK...DISSBELIEF...when lastnight on my 28th day...my Aunt Flo is no where to be found...AND I take a pregnancy test and it's POSITIVE...but a very very VERY faint line. So I'm wondering that could be left over hormones from my son...b/c I HAVE MY TUBES TIED!!! My husband is out of town so when I went to the pharmacy lastnight w/ my 3 kids, the tec behind the counter said, "Honey I'm going to be worried about you all night!" lol WOW Thanks for your imput! :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:04 AM on Jun. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• there is a small chance I would ask a dr.
    goatmom4

Answer by goatmom4 at 7:20 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• It happens. That's how my SIL ended up with their 4th! I'd advise you to go straight to the docs and get a blood test!
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 9:50 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• I asked my OB the same thing the other day (because I'm having a tubal csection on 7/9) and she said there's like a 1% failure rate. It does happen, just not very often.

Answer by missanc at 10:45 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• There's a small chance (only abstinence is 100%!), but the problem with that is, your chance of an ectopic pregnancy (the baby implanting in your fallopian tube rather than your uterus) skyrockets - which can be really bad! I'd call your doctor immediately, and if you ahve any pain in your lower abdomen don't hesitate to go in! An ectopic pregnancy can rupture your tube, and kill you if you let it go too long.
    Anonymous