I can walk away from a lover, I can walk away from a friend, HOW DO YOU WALK AWAY FROM YOUR CHILD?

oneperfectmom

Asked by oneperfectmom at 6:47 AM on Jun. 17, 2010 in Adult Children (18+)

• You don't. You can do tough love if need be-but you always leave the door open. When my sister was into drugs my parents cut her off from everything but their love. No money, could not stay at our home and use drugs all of it-but she had a symbolic house key (not one that worked on the door because she would come in and steal) that my parents told her if she decided he had hit bottom and truly wanted help-she was always welcome to come back and try again-no matter how many times she failed-my parents always tried again-she is now clean, married and a total soccer Mom-no one would have believed it 25 years ago when she was a total mess.
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 9:20 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• I have had 2 sisters do it. oldest sister done it 3 times and other sister has done it twice... I don't think I will ever understand it!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:49 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• You posted this ? last nite. y do u keep posting? from what i decipher u don't like his gf so u rather not talk to him. give it up. u can accept who he is wit or u can walk away. u are makin the choice to walk away so deal wit it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:56 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• You don't walk away from your own flesh and blood.

Answer by older at 7:04 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• What is the situation that is making you need to walk away? I must have missed something.....
    timberlake

Answer by timberlake at 7:19 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• idk...i could give you my sisters # and my dad..even my mom..maybe they can explain why they did
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:42 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Before i answer your question i would like to know what the problem is that is making you think of such thing?
    pgee357

Answer by pgee357 at 8:00 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• You don't. Your child is your child forever.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 8:21 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• as i said before, that is just terrible! Ignore her, and embrace him!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 8:23 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• It depends on the situation. If the child is old enough to make his own decisions (adult) and continues making decisions that will hurt him or others, then you still love him but you let him go. Offer some help when needed but know that in any case you cannot live their life for them. Walking away does not mean giving up.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 8:41 AM on Jun. 17, 2010