How do I get my 7 year old to sleep ?

He always slept the best of my 3 kids and for the past few months he has been getting up every night. I have tried to see if anything is going on at school, or on the playground but he says no. I am so tired and frustrated with him and myself for not figuring it out. I tried bribing, punishing and lots more exercise but nothing is working. Please Help!!!!!!

Holmom3

Asked by Holmom3 at 7:31 AM on Jun. 17, 2010 in Kids' Health

• Good Morning have you tried not letting him eat or drink anything past dinner time? Try having him use the bathroom before bedtime sometimes this wakes kids up and hard to go back to sleep. I am a mother of 3 ages 12,20,24 and have 7 grandkids ages 1,3 thru 7 and believe me if that don't work mention it to his medical doctor. Hope all goes well.
    pgee357

Answer by pgee357 at 7:56 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• There's nothing wrong with waking up in the night, but there is something wrong if he can't fall back asleep quickly and easily.

So, is this a 2 minute potty-break kind of a thing? or a two hour fussing and turning, and waking everyone else up kind of a thing?

Seeing a doctor isn't a bad idea, they can at least check if there's something physical (like swollen adenoids) that's keeping him from sleeping well.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 10:16 PM on Jun. 19, 2010