Would you go head and fly if your child has fluid in their ear?

MY child has a small amount of fluid behind her ear. No infection or pain. we have travel plans to fly in 2 days. the pede gave the ok. has anyone ever flown like this. should i get another opinion from an Ear nose throat specialist

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:43 AM on Jun. 17, 2010 in Kids' Health

• Yes if you have talked to the ped.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:58 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• If the doctor said okay,, I guess I would,, make sure you take a sucker or something with you for take off and landing,, your kiddo might be more sensitive to pressure,,,good luck and happy trip
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:16 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• If the ped said yes, I would. I would ask for a prescription just in case you need to get it filled when your on vacation, sometimes it does lead to an ear infection. Don't fill it unless you need it.

My daughter had them all the time. Good luck!!
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 9:37 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• It would depend on the age of the child too. Infants suck more than toddlers, but if you kind of hold off giving him a sippy cup or a water bottle he/she can suck on during the take off you should be ok if he is a toddler. Older kids I know we don't like giving gum to ours but if it is a matter of helping I would.
    carmadsmom

Answer by carmadsmom at 10:36 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• I definitely wouldn't. I flew with my husband once when he had some ear trouble, he had a cold at the time and it was making his ears a little stuffy, and he was in so much pain that he was doubled over and crying. There's no way I'd risk doing to that to a child.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 5:19 PM on Jun. 19, 2010