What is wrong with this girl?

A 14 year old girl on my daughters facebook posted a picture of her nephew that was born premature. Her 16 year old sister had a baby that is only about 20 weeks. She says that he may die. The picture is so heartbreaking. The babies eyes has skin over them and his skin looks very raw. He is also hooked to many tubes. I just found this picture to be so disturbing. It is such a sad situation and should not be exploited.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:05 AM on Jun. 17, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• i've seen pics like that on facebook. Maybe the family wants support.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:07 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Maybe the girl is just posting a picture of her nephew. The baby is part of her life and like the PP said she could be looking for support. i dont think the child is being exploited, nor do I think the girl is wrong for posting them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:09 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• I think it's fine. I have pictures of my two preemies. Yes it is sad and they are very small, but they are our children. We have every right to want pictures of them and share them with family and friends.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:10 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• I've also seen people starting a prayer chain when things like this happen using the babies picture and a prayer posted under it
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:11 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• You said it she is young, 14 you answered the question your self.

Everyone should pray for the baby.

The baby needs everyones prayers.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 9:15 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• It is probably her way of reaching out,,,,I guess it is sad anyway you look at it!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:18 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• If it got a reaction out of you then maybe the teens that see it will realize what can happen if you have a premie and are very young. It's a tough reality, but children shouldn't be having babies... JMO
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:25 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• I have a friend on Facebook whose baby died during the birth because the cord was wrapped around her neck. She posted at least 20 pictures of the dead baby, and it was very disturbing. She even had family photos with her where they were smiling, with captions like "our little family". I felt horrible for her though, because I know that she probably wasn't in her mind after something so tragic.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:03 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• MrsLeftlane-a lot of wome, not just teens, have preemie babies.
    Anonymous

• I think she is just posting pictures of her nephew and she is probably proud but she is also realizing that their is this probablity. I have had two premies. Although the pictures may have been disturbing to others I was a very proud mother and was willing to show off my pictures of my new babies. Even though they had things over their eyes and cords and tubes attached to them I was still very proud. So she is probably just reaching out for some help. Having a premie affects everyone in the family not just the parents. Its a stressful situation.
    Anonymous