Is it truth if men find out that your child with special needs, they would never date you?

I am a single mom with 11year old autistic boy, and I' d like to meet a single man, who is not going to be afraid to date me.

lana902

Asked by lana902 at 9:27 AM on Jun. 17, 2010 in General Parenting

• he may have fears..but i wouldnt consider autism a severe disability.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:28 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Sweety if they do not date you because your son is Autistic, trust me you don't want to be with them anyway.

There is a man out there for everyone, when the time is right you will find the man of your dreams just don't look for him and enjoy your life. The first time you are uncomfortable with a man, then there should not be a second time meaning date.

You are a package deal, and if a man can't except that then forget him. Never be ashamed of your sons disability and be proud that you are making it with out a man in your life now. He is out there, just take it slow. Good luck!!!
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 9:30 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• it will quickly weed out the losers
    this will save you some time and frustration
    so date away, let them know up front about your child and if they back off-it is a good thing
    you want a qualitity man anyway
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 9:42 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• I am sure there is a perfect person out there for everyone.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:42 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• There was a woman on Dr Phil who had blind deaf triplets. And she found a great guy and got married. So one autistic son should not make you undatable.
    Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 10:30 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Nope - I have a 12 year old son with moderate/severe autism AND 2 other typical kids and still found an incredible man that I dated and eventually married. I dated other guys too who didn't seem at all put off by the fact that I have a special needs child.

Answer by missanc at 10:54 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Not all men are assholes! You will find someone....if they walk away from you because of him, they were not worth your time anyway.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:04 AM on Jun. 17, 2010