if you had a premature baby, were your children born after that early too? (or someone you know?)

of course that assumes that you've had other children since your preemie.

my 2nd baby was born at 33 weeks and i'm so scared that if i have another child, s/he will be early. my first son was term though.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:36 AM on Jun. 17, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My mil had three preemies. Her last three though where full term. She did find out just recently though that what they gave her for morning sickness (she had it really bad) causes preterm labor and they don't give it anymore.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:40 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• i was born on my exact due date, but when my mom had middle sister she was early and my youngest sister and brother were early after that as well.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:44 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• i think it depends on why you had a preemie. my first child was full term, my second was born at 32 weeks. i was under a huge, HUGE amount of stress. i was having contractions (my body was warning me things were not right) but i didn't know it! my next pregnancy was twins. they were either 36 or 37 weeks (not sure of the conception date). i think that is pretty good for twins! i just had my 5th baby and she was 39 weeks. know your body well, and take very good care of yourself!!!
    do you know why your baby came early?
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 11:08 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• no we don't know why he came early. neither of us had an infection that they could find anyway, and my pregnancy seemed healthy but it just suddenly went into labor!
    thanks ladies :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on Jun. 18, 2010