controlling your beer intake? how do you do it?

so pretty much every weekend i either drink at home or go out. i have WAY too much beer and snacking doesnt help. but how do you go about having maybe 3 the whole night?

i usually stop counting after maybe 2 lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:42 AM on Jun. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I'll be honest, I enjoy my beer and could easily drink a 6 pack myself over the course of an afternoon (especially if I sit by my pool on a hot day). I know it's easy to ignore the number and just help yourself to another, but if you are asking this question then it means you want to change this habit. You NEED to be more conscientous of your intake. Period. Maybe keep a tally on a cocktail napkin or cell phone how many calories each beer has. Those big number add up quick! I also like the idea others suggested of drinking a glass of water in between beers to slow your intake down.
    rebabeach2

Answer by rebabeach2 at 11:39 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• One beer then one glass of water,,, I also only take enough to buy 3 or 4! I like my beer too! I hope you don't get bashed!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:45 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• thank you! OP
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:47 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Don't bring enough money along with you to get that many.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:48 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• One way is not having enough money to buy too many drinks. Another idea is to start the evening with water or pop and start the beer later in the evening. Please examine yourself and decide if you may have a problem. If you are on this website you have children, so anything you do (or don't do) affects many others.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 9:49 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Start slowly, set goals and eventually you might drink less.

I don't have much, if I drink it is very rare.

I don't like the aftermath of drinking, feeling yucky, tired, dehydrated.

Some people don't feel that way but me yuck. I hate it.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 9:50 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• I always have one or two...sometimes none. But I usually just have a glass of red wine after dinner,then water. If you can't stop after 2, the maybe you have a problem. And the snacking plus the beer adds up to obesity and the connected health problems. Try a little harder.....just thinking about your health and well -being. Not bashing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:50 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

This exactly.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:52 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• I agree with everyone else, only take enough money to buy a couple. That's what I make my husband do. He enjoys a beer or 2 everynight but if we have 5-6 then he ends up drinking all of them. But since I only let him take enough for maybe 3 he does much better now. And he even said he feels much better the next day when he gets up for work. But not too offend you bcuz I don't know you and I don't know anything about your life but my mom started out like you are now...she would say she was only gonna have a couple then that would turn into way more. If came to a point where she couldn't go one day without a beer and if was always 8+ EVERY night. I'm not bashing or saying that that will happen to you but I'm just trying to share my experience with this and let you know how easy it is for that 3+ to add up and become a problem. Good Luck!
    momluvsmiles

Answer by momluvsmiles at 10:15 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• The ladies here are giving you great advice. Please examine yourself and think about if you might have a problem. I worry if you don't feel you have control over how many you have, then you may have a problem. Good luck! :)
    SoniaL

Answer by SoniaL at 10:21 AM on Jun. 17, 2010