Can I get some reccomendations for a carseat for my son?

I had this question posted and I got some responses but I tried to edit the ? for everyone and I couldnt so I started a new one and here is the info needed to get better responses. He is 13 months old he weighs 26lbs and is 32 1/2 inches long. I have been in a front facing seat for a little bit now. Thanks for all the help.

aturner75

Asked by aturner75 at 9:51 AM on Jun. 17, 2010 in General Parenting

• first years true fit or graco myride 65
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 9:52 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• We love our Evenflo Triumph Advance XL. We have one for our 3 yr old and one for our 14 month old. I like how easy they are to use. Not strap rethreading for the shoulders to change height. Easy to loosen and tighten. Goes up to 50 lbs. I know there are ones that go higher too.
    SoniaL

Answer by SoniaL at 10:08 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• If he's FF already, and you don't want to ERF, i'd go with a Graco Natulis. My DD will be 2 next month (she's still RF) and that's the seat we're going to get (our 5 year old is in one too). You can harness your DS until he's 65lbs, and then use it as a booster until 100lbs.
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 10:22 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• While I would still recommend rear facing at this age, if you are going to stick with FF, I also recommend the Nautilus. Keep in mind that it is a FF ONLY seat, so you can't go back and change you mind. If you decide to ERF later, you'd need to get a different seat.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 10:48 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• We've use the Nautilus for all three of our boys, and it's great. I'm also curious about the new safety 1st with the air flow technology, we're looking into the infant seat for the baby we're expecting. But Nautilus all the way recommend, last carseat you'll ever need.
    Jessica_5

Answer by Jessica_5 at 11:14 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• well it depends are you going to erf or not. my kids are both erf. ages 3 1/2 and 1 1/2 . they both have a graco my ride 65. it rearfaces up to 40 lbs and ff up to 65lbs
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 11:59 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• I also have the Graco Triumph Advance and I find it very safe and simple. Like the pp said, adjusting shoulder height is easy. It has a really simple and convenient tightening and release mechanism for the straps. Can forward or rear face. It looks super comfy, too.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 12:19 PM on Jun. 17, 2010