My cousin is mad at the family?????? Says we don't lover her baby since we won't help her with money.

My cousin is 21 she married a felon/jail bird that steals from his own family and has hit her. Once he told her he would take the baby from her when she was pregnant? wtf! His family won't let him stay in their houses because he won't keep his hands off their stuff. He talked her into stealing from her best friend and she almost ended up in jail.She decided to have a baby with him even tho they had no place to live and he refuses to work. My mom helped raise her and now she is mad that my mom won't sign a lease/pay the deposit for her and her dead beat husband. she ran off with him and the baby with no place to live and quit her job. Which she seems to do every time he get's out of jail. She is very book smart and hold down a job when he is out her life but as soon as he comes back she pisses it all away. She just finished LPN school and dropped out right before graduation to be with this fool. What is wrong with her ladies?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:33 AM on Jun. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

• He needs to go. She will eventually wind up hurt or in jail/prison if she stays with him. Trying to convince her of that will be hard. Sometimes people need to hit the bottom before they get help. If you can afford an apartment for her how do you keep him out and away from her? And how do you keep her out of jail?
    Do not give them any money. Do you have someone she could live with in another state-really far away and inconvenient to visit? Is he on probation? If so he would need permission to leave the area or be arrested for parole violation.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:12 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• blinded by "love"
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 10:34 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Cont--- If we do give her money he controls it and spends it on haircuts and new outfits for himself. She can't even afford pampers of formula yet she follows down after him like she does. When she does work he controls her paychecks.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:34 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• She needs to grow and be responsible for herself and baby. Get some b*ll* and tell her that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:35 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• A LOT! She sounds like no self esteem in a manipulative, controlling, UNHEALTHY relationship.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:36 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• she is being abused, emotionally and physically.... she can't see anything outside of her world with him
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 10:36 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• I wouldn't help her out until she cuts off all ties with this guy. Otherwise you are just helping to make a bad situation worse.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 10:41 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• help her by offering support for her abusive situation: offer a place for her and the baby to stay, offer to get her in touch with abuse hotlines and services. support her by telling her you love her and the baby, no matter what. the cycle of abuse is very hard to understand uless you have been there. she isnt stupid, she is brainwashed. and yes...no money unless he is out of the picture.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 10:49 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Sometimes you just have to step up and help ....she is being abused and she can't see that she needs to stay away from him. Abusers can make their partners stay because they destroy their self confidence and make them feel worthless. I would say HELP HER. Do whatever it takes and ask family member to help. If nobody helps, wouldn't it be enabling the rotten jailbird who is terrorizing your cousin??? I would feel guily if I didn't help. AND I am not talking about helping with money---I am talking about getting her away from the jerk and finding a safe place for her.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:51 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Everytime we bendover backwards to help her she runs back to him over and over again. Thank you so much ladies!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:10 AM on Jun. 17, 2010