Flying Poop

my baby is exactly 3 wks old and from day one everytime i go to change his poop diaper he saves alittle to fling it my way when changing him. this goes back to day one the first time he did it my boyfriend laugh and did this whole victory dance like it was a great deed he did. now every time i change him boyfriend around or not he still does it no matter how upset i get no matter what is beeing said its like he looking for my boyfriend and honestly im getting pretty upset about it to the point where i really dont even want to hold him. i find it so disrespectful not like he knows that but he knows to do it to make his father happy so why wouldnt he know that it makes me upset? i really need to know how to stop this from happening i dont have many clothes or bed sheets to be going thru them each week. has this ever happened to you and do you know what to do to stop it other then have him sit in his poop all day long?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:42 AM on Jun. 17, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• continued: which im on the verge of doing since he will learn that way.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:43 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Are you an idiot? The baby is 3 weeks old. Maybe he has a medical issue. He has absolutely no control over the sphincter muscles what-so-ever. And for the record, him sitting in poop all day won't teach a 3 week old anything except that his momma is an idiot and doesn't care if he gets a bad rash.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:46 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• well obviously his father doesnt care either so i guess we are both idiots!..and he knows exactly what he is diong if he understand he does it to make his father smile..so ur the idiot to think that his brain isn capable to put two and two together..when he poops on mommy daddy smiles hello!!..hes patiently awaiting his father to come around so if you have no solution dont comment thanks and continue having your kids poop on you...NEXT
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:10 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Are you serious? Babies dont know when their going, thats why they wear nappies and have to wait to be toilet trained. Their brain doesnt tell them when they're about to go, so he isnt doing it on purpose. My daughter has done that so many times I ended up having to get a new carpet. Get over it - and change him on your lap with a towel under you and in the direction poop will go. The cold from the nappie being off can bring on a wee so it might be the same thing.
    Melissa15

Answer by Melissa15 at 11:18 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Well, if your 3 week old is that smart and can control his bowels and sphincter so well, you need to call Ripley's. Might as well potty train him too.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:21 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• You are absolutely an idiot. I think this is one of the stupidest things I've ever read on CM. Like Melissa said, babies don't know when they are pooping/peeing, hence DIAPERS! And babies can not be manipulative, they don't have that sort of understand yet. You're not going to hold your baby, 'cause you're getting poop on you?! And you're going to let the poor munchkin sit in his poop, 'cause you're an ass?! That's neglect & I recommend you take some parenting classes, dear.
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 12:06 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• It seems to me like you guys hold ur children at a lower standard of learning..if babies can read at the age of 4 months ie the my babies can read videos what makes you believe they arn capable of knowing right from wrong? maybe my baby is a genius cause he understands certain words and or sounds thus far and is able to distinguish good attention from bad attention from action he has done. i wouldnt go as far as potty training now cause he can barely crawl or walk however he def understand my boyfriends instructions and or mine about other things. my boyfriend h/e holds more wieght even at this early age its obvious my child is and will be in a class of his own enough said..and i have no intentions of neglecting my child but i was really asking to see if others are experiencing the whole pooping thing but obviously ladies all of you are ok with marinating in your own infants poop so im def. asking the wrong group of people.
    Anonymous

• The "My baby can read" videos are a hoax. They don't read. It is just memorization. And 3 weeks is far removed from 4 months. You are a spaz.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:36 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Maybe wait a little bit longer after he is done pooping to change him to make sure he is done, It maybe be that you are changing him to soon.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 2:25 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• ok...at 3 weeks your baby is not going to know right or wrong, or what the difference is between negative and positive attention...which your baby shouldnt be getting negative attention as it is at this age. he's 3 weeks old...give me a break..it's from the cold air, or air for that matter hitting his southern parts, that's making him pee and shoot poop. if you're not wanting to hold your baby because you worry about getting poop on you, then something's wrong. every mother on cafemom will tell you that they couldn't count the amount of times that they've been peed and pooped on while changing a diaper...IT'S PART OF MOTHERHOOD..and punishing your child because they poop is beyond uncalled for. you need a reality check, and to be brought back down to earth..babies are a gift, they're meant to be held, and loved on, and have every right in the world to poop and pee on us as their mother when we change diapers..give him a few
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 4:23 PM on Jun. 17, 2010