Update: So after many talks and taking things away from him, getting him pullups to wear at night for 8 year olds he did it again! He peed in the corner of his room again!

I grounded him for 2 weeks. I know it seems harsh but, this is after he lied and peed in his closet about 10 times before I found out and then peed in the corner of his room several more times after being punished. This time he had the longest punishment he could have. I took everything away except books for him to read. No outside time and no video games! Bought him pullups to wear at night and told him to go in my bedroom and use our bathroom if he wanted to. We have two bathrooms both right beside his room. His last day of being grounded is Friday. And he left his pull up on the floor in his room (first time) and his room smelled horriable! So i looked around and sure enough he peed in the corner! I am out of ideas on what to do! He has no problems at school and uses the toliet during the day. I hate to ground him again but, I know my husband is going to be upset with him!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:52 AM on Jun. 17, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Did he say why he is doing it? Honestly, if he is just being a little butthead, what I would do is take him to the doctor and demand that they do a bunch of useless tests on him for his issue and tell your son that you'll stop when he does. I know it seems childish but a little embarrassment may do the trick?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• is it possible that he is doing this in his sleep?
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:55 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• To me, this sounds more than just something to discipline him for. The first things that come to mind are, is he acting out b/c of something happening in his life, maybe that you dont even know about. Abuse, bullying? Not sure. Just make sure you have a good handle on anything that may be affecting him.

Or, some sort of defiance disorder...there are such things. Have you spoken to his Dr about this issue, they would know anything medical or mental that would make him do this.

I just dont feel like this is normal "kid" acting up behavior.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:56 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• I'd drag him to a psychologist. He has some issue going on.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 10:56 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Sounds like maybe he needs to be spanked EVERY time. My 3 year old doesn't do that... ever. If nothing else works, he is just being out right defiant to you. He needs a very firm hand. I would also extend his punishment, since he did the SAME thing again while on his punishment.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 10:56 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• You need to rule out a physical or psychological issue. He may not be able to control these impulses for whatever reason. Your punishments obviously aren't working. You need to be an advocate for your child and get to the root cause. You owe him that much as his mother.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• The first time I found out. (when he peed in the closet about 10 times I know it was a lot ! He said it was because he was too scared to go to the bathroom. So I made sure every light in the house was on and asked him what would make him not scared and he said for him to be able to go in my bathroom in my room. It is RIGHT next to his room and so is the other bathroom. After this he did it several more times in other places in the room. and was punished. Last time he said he did it because he felt like it! I have not talked to him this time. He is at school... I am just out of ideas! He was excited about planting flowers this weekend with us sense he wont be grounded and being able to play outside. But then he goes and pees in his room.. I Just don't get it!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:59 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• When I was younger, my mother always operated on the "give um a taste of their own medicine" rule. When we played with fire, she burned our dolls on the stove, when we stole she took us to the police station and embarrassed the hell out of us. I can say that most of the things I did, I only did once... I'm not saying go pee on his floor, lol, but if it is NOT a psychological issue and he is just acting out, you need to do something drastic, punishing him isn't working... maybe go tell Grandma (in front of your DS) about DS's horrible problem and talk about how your going to have to take him to get tests and blood work and shots... maybe that'll scare his butt straight??
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:00 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Anon at 11:00..that seems really cruel of you mother to burn your dolls..I am all about scaring a child strait...but that seems morbid or something.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• OP Have you talked to ANY type of Dr about this ever?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on Jun. 17, 2010