Only wife and mother , Christian women is that all we are suppose to be?

Do you ever feel like other people family , friends, church members.. everyone has "a place" things they do, where they fit in the church and community but you are seen as just a MOM and that is ALL you are, that is your sole purpose in life? You have no other outside interests, nothing else to give or contribute.. you are there to take care of your kids, nothing else.

I love my children and I love my job as homemaker but I a more than just MOM. I have things to offer, hopes,dreams, talents and a purpose in life. and dare I say even a call from the Lord.I don't believe I was put on this earth to ONLY to bare children and care for them.. that is my job yes But there is more to me than just MOM. do you ever feel this way and wonder where you fit in the outside world/church? everyone has a purpose including your husband and you are looked at as just a homemaker.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Jun. 17, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yes it is true my most important job, to me, is being mom and raising my son. But i am more than my job description. I was a woman and an individual before i became mom. My challenge now is trying to rediscover the me buried under the mommy.
    angelenia

Answer by angelenia at 4:30 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• you are an amazing person....as am I , for being a sahm: e are bringers of life, we can feed those lives, we are ceo's of the house, we run the finances, the business, the food service, the housekeeping, the therapy, the costume dept(ever work on a last min oh mom I forgot outfit til 2am lol), pet caretaker, we are master chefs as well. what about that says we are "just" anything? lol those folks that judge...honey blow that off. God knows who we are inside, and he knows we work harder tnhan any 50 hour a week paid employee on the pllanet-we dont get days off....but the benefits? oh my sweet Lord, the benefits are priceless!
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 11:05 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Do you do any volunteer work? That can be very fulfilling, you can get your kids involved and set a great example to them, and you can set the amount of hours you want to do it.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 11:45 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Of course! We are more than just mothers, daughters, sisters, and friends. We are voices, and hands too. Meaning we each are given talents by Yahweh to help the world, and to be a light in our own individual ways. I know as a mother we can lose sight of who we are for a while. But you can rediscover that person inside you with Yahweh's help. Ask him, and he will reveal your special purpose. I have and he has revealed mine! Hallelujah! Also the place of worship you attend should be much more than just fellowship. It is a place to make a difference for your heavenly Father. Contribute your time and skill to help them out, and make life long friends. But beware of turning your faith into just church life. This defeats the whole purpose, it should always be focused on Yahweh. Blessings..
    Daphna28

Answer by Daphna28 at 11:46 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• The way we look at things is the biggest part of the problem. If you are not feeling fulfilled as being "just a mom and wife" then it doesn't necessarily mean that you have to find something else to add to the mix, though you can do that as well. Don't underestimate the importance of being a wife and mom. If you change how you feel about those roles and see them the way that God does your outlook can change whether you do anything else or not.
    Anonymous

• I should add that I agree with Daphna also.
    Anonymous

• If you let the bible limit you, then, yes, that's all you can EVER be. But if you see yourself as also human, you can be what you want to be. People here see me as a witch or an atheist, but I am also an artist, a crafter, a wife, mother and grandmother, an American citizen, a writer, a puppeteer and a score of many other things. I hope that I am also wise and open to truth. Search and I think you can find your niche. Test your limits. You are intelligent and creative for a reason.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 1:17 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• We all have a passion and you need to dig deep inside you and find it. Search into your childhood for those happiest memories and search within those dreams of yours. We are all unique and you should celebrate that. God did not make us like cookie cutters, all alike and boring. He gave us variety in tastes, color, feelings, beauty, etc and personalities and talents.

3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 1:51 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• You need to do whatever works best for you and your family and find peace and contentment in that. For some this means running large companies, having kids and being part of church and social groups. For other women it can mean being a SAHM and running the house and family business. Don't look to others for validation that your life has purpose because it will always feel empty that way.

We all get in ruts and its hard know what we want, sometimes we just have to feel unhappy or uneasy for awhile until we decide what it is we need.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 2:39 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Jackie Kennedy Onassis was quoated as saying that her most important job was raising her children. How true.
    Sasha51

Answer by Sasha51 at 2:42 PM on Jun. 17, 2010