have you ever used acupressure to induce labor? not acupuncture DO NOT CARE IF YOU APPROVE OR NOT.

Did it work? How long did it take for labor to start? This is a new one on me, never heard of it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Jun. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• My mil did this to me see is a certified and licensed aromatheraprist and massage therapist. I was 39 weeks and she probably worked on my ankle points for about 2 hours or so. I started having some contractions a little after that. We went to the hospital that night but they actually ended up giving me pitocin because i wasn't dialating. I had her two days after I went to the hospital. Good luck I hope this helped a little
    Bamzakarat

Answer by Bamzakarat at 11:55 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• I heard about it but decided no as I was afraid of the pressure on the baby, or cord, I mean withpout a ultra sound machince right there, how can ya tell what pressure is going where and if its safe? thats just me tho....do research.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 11:06 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• OP~This is just pressure points like in your hand, foot, above your ankle and a couple other places. Not actually putting pressure on the baby.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• I have heard that a good foot massage will start labor if you are ready.........Not sure if it works, but its a good excuse to have hubby rub your feet :)
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 12:09 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• I didnt do it cause i believe they come when they are ready, but i have heard that it is your achilles tendon area that does the trick :)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 2:04 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• I tried it. I was going to my chiropractor regularly during my last pregnancy, and knowing various things I asked her if she did it, what she thought of it, etc. She had a classmate in school who was 41 weeks, had the teacher to the accupressure on her, and she went into labor within hours and had her baby late that night. My chiro said once I was 39 weeks (knowing that no docs in the local practice will induce before 39wks) she'd do it if I asked. I hit 39 weeks, asked, and it didn't do much. It helped my sporadic contractions get regular, but that was it - I ended up having contractions every 5 minutes for a week without progressing. My midwife gave me a bit of pitocin at 40wks1day (long long story behind it) and I gave birth 3 hours later. She said what the chiro did likely did trigger the contractions, but even she couldn't figure out why I wasn't progressing til I got the pitocin. And there are more than just foot spots.
    Anonymous