happiest baby on the block

have any of you read or heard of this method? thoughts and opionions....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:03 AM on Jun. 17, 2010 in General Parenting

• I have heard about the five "s"'s. I was doing that before I had ever heard of the book. LOL Who knew? I like the five s's.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:06 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• yep.. I love it
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 11:07 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Just the name of the book turns me off, I do not need to have the happiest toddler on the block to raise a wonderful child. Sometimes kids need to learn that being sad, disappointed, etc...are ok and that they will get past that feeling to feel happy again.

To many parents are too worried about making their child happy and are skipping all the other emotions so kids dont learn how to deal with them, and expect their parents to always do everything they want to make them HAPPY.

I have actually seen him on a show once and he was too "sensitive" for me. Too...happy...hahahaha :) just joking. lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:08 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• I liked it. I thought the methods worked quite well, especially the swaddling. I think its worth checking out. Used it for both my babies. I read it when my 1st was about 7 weeks old and after starting the swaddle he started sleeping 5 or 6 hrs at a time instead of not at all. Wished I read it sooner. Started that on my dd when she was born and she started off sleeping a lot more even being breastfed. I'd have to wake her to feed in the beginning.
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 11:09 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• I have the book, liked the idea, it didn't work for a colicky baby but I still love the idea of it and recommended it to many people.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:13 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• hey anon, it is about helping a newborn baby calm down, and yes i love it! works very well!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:14 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• A friend of ours showed me one technique from it (holding the baby on her belly across your arm) and it was the ONLY position that made my colicky infant comfortable. If there's more in the book like that, then I give it 5 stars!!! I think it's not a bad idea for an expecting parent or a parent of an infant to get some ideas on soothing an infant, especially a colicky one. Parents who don't have fussy babies just don't understand how difficult it can be (I've had both, I can only imagine how much I would have rolled my eyes about parents agonizing about fussy newborns if I had had my second (easy) baby first.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 2:18 PM on Jun. 17, 2010