Is this worth buying??

We were looking for a larger TV for our living room and I searched Craigslist and found a 50 in Sony Wega for only $50. It needs a new projector lamp which I found for about $100 on the internet. I also found the directions to install it. Is this a good deal? The TVs we were looking at brand new were over $500. Also, does anyone know how I can tell its just the projector bulb? Will the TV still turn on?

CassiRae3

Asked by CassiRae3 at 11:07 AM on Jun. 17, 2010 in Entertainment

• I would never buy something that was already broken. If it was that easy to fix they would have done it and just jacked up the price. Your right that it might not even be just a projector lamp...
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 11:24 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• I agree with the first answer, but just to add my 2 cents, the Wega sucks! We had one and it was a disaster!The picture was terrible, it was overpriced, and it broke after less than 6 months. We got a replacement...same thing. I wouldn't suggest purchasing it.
    Pumelo

Answer by Pumelo at 6:32 PM on Jun. 17, 2010