what do you think of a guy who gives a fake diamond?

Just curious what you all think of a phony engagement ring. The guy has a job and a brand new truck. Is it shallow to expact the real deal, or is it no big deal? Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:14 AM on Jun. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• That depends on what the agreement was....if you have talked about it before hand.....and also what he says to you about the ring.

If he tried to pass it off as the real thing then I would be pissed.

If he told you strait up, then he might just be very logical or frugal.

Chances are though I would be mad...lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Any way you slice it,I'd take it as a slap in the face! If he couldn't afford a real one right now,he should have told you so! getting another gem is always an option if he wanted to get you something real.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:20 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• I would be more worried about having a real commitment than a real ring.

BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 11:21 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• I think that if he can't afford a real one, and love the girl, it shouldn't matter to her. However, if he lies and says it's real when it isn't...that's wrong.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:22 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• that he cares more about his finances that some dumb piece of jewelry
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 11:23 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Maybe he spends the money on himself and not on you. i think if he wants the best for himself but only cheap for you I would be concerned.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:33 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• I'd think I was in a fake relationship.
    Anonymous

• Well, it depends. If he is trying to pass it off as the real deal, that would bother me. But if he was honest...well...its the thought that counts.
    I dont like my husband to spend alot of money on me, so besides our wedding set, if he ever bought me real diamond (and we hadnt just won the lottery) I would kinda be upset for spending money on something so......material.
    Auntiemom410

Answer by Auntiemom410 at 11:33 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• R U still upset over this? Just tell the man that the CZ ring is a nice gesture but ask if he will save for a real diamond. He's probably just stupid and thinks it is real. Someone probably gave him a "great deal". It's the thought that counts.
    Anonymous

• I would rather he had a truck to drive me around in than give me a rock and make me take the bus.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on Jun. 17, 2010