how do i care for a circumsizion?

P.A.S

Asked by P.A.S at 11:16 AM on Jun. 17, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• have you had the baby yet? if not they will instruct you how to do it in the hospital and send home a care sheet
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• My son got the ring, just keep it clean and I put the Neosporeon (sp) with the pain reliver on it.... make sure you keep something on it so it doesn't stick to the diaper
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 11:19 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• my son didn't get the ring... they told me to put vaseline on it after every diaper change and put a clean piece of gauze over it until the bandage they put on there fell off
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:22 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Just stick a lot of vaseline in the diaper so it heals and doesn't get stuck.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 11:22 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• If you haven't done it, you don't have to. It isn't necessary. Plus an unaltered penis needs no special care.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• unaltered penis needs no special care. - yes it does, you have to make sure you keep it clean
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Put some A&D ointment on it so that it doesn't stick to the diaper.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 12:04 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• We just put vaseline on it and a square gauze.
    Anonymous

• My sons both had a plastibell, so there was no care needed. Just rinse it off if poop gets on it. The ring falls off around day 5.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:41 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• We were instructed to put lots of Vaseline on it to keep it from sticking to the diaper in the beginning, for about a week, I think. Other than that, nothing. Once it heals make sure it stays clean to prevent adhesion's. Pretty easy really.

Anonymous