How do you make new friends?

I don't have any friends. Yes its sad. I've got rid of all my old friends though because of their habits and i have moved to a new town. I am weirded out by the idea of making friends on-line. How do you go about making friends though? I don't attend church or anything. I am a sahm so i have no clue????????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on Jun. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Are your children school age? You can volunteer at the school, that is a way to meet other moms and get involved. If your kids are still little, you can find mommy groups where the moms meet on a certain day at a certain time. I know you said you live in a small town, but even small towns should offer something like this. Good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Take your kids to the park, library story hour, etc. and talk to other moms you meet there. Since you'll both have kids around the same age you'll automatically have something in common. Not all conversations will result in friendship, but some might.

If you are looking for friends that don't necessarily have kids the ages of yours, then maybe try joining some activities on your own. Take a class or something one evening a week.

These are just ideas. I haven't actually tried them. I'd like some new friends too, but it seems I am too busy to find the fime since I work full-time. My work friends are too busy with their own friends and family outside of work hours, so that isn't really an option.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• I don't. I am at a point in my life that I feel I have enough friends and I don't care to add more. The more you add, the more you have to put up with other peoples drama. I have enough of that already.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 11:28 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• As a SAHM, most of the friends I've met have been through kids' activities... it took me a long time to really 'connect' with anyone, but eventually I made two really good friends at my daughter's swim class... we've now been friends for about three years, chat daily, get together once or twice a week, call each other in a pinch if we need a hand with the kids- it's been nice. I would try to take the kids to activities and be friendly to other moms there... not every conversation will result in an actual friendship but over time some of them might.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 11:33 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• anon 8:27. I work FT too. My dd in all her 17 yr old wisdom looked at me the other day and said, "mom you need some friends". I have a routine set up, but I have no friends outside of work. My co-workers are a certain kind of friend, but not a hang out with and socialize kind of friends. I think working moms can be in the same boat as sahm's with this one. I have taken over the job of being secretary for a group my dd belongs too for next year. Im a little nervous, but I think it will be a healthy thing for me to try.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on Jun. 17, 2010