Thought Americans would look down their noses at these jobs?

Jobs we refuse to do? My left toe!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QqW9spiU7k

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:31 AM on Jun. 17, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I still support letting chronic welfare people do those jobs for their PA.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:20 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:31 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• That's not really a good example considering Chateau Elan is on hell of a nice place to work. I have been there for a wedding before & that place is elegant & down right gorgeous. That is just not a place to look your nose down at. It's super fancy.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:46 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Let me know when you see those same people standing in line to pick your veggies.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

• What is sad, is that the reason they hired illegals is because they will work for so much less. It's all about saving a buck, i doubt they were happy that they had to fire all their illegal immigrants. I am glad though that Americans who want these jobs can actually get them now, now that there is less competition form illegals who will work for practically nothing. Why won't our companies support hiring Americans? They would rather help the illegals to save them some $$.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:50 AM on Jun. 17, 2010

As soon as the people hiring the pickers pay minimium wage, meet OSHA requirements and follow all other state and federal laws, you will see more. In the meantime, some already do.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:07 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• "Let me know when you see those same people standing in line to pick your veggies."

Right.
    And do all the back-breaking, low-paying jobs.

Open your eyes and look around you, the harder and less desirable a job is, the greater the chance that the workers are brown. Like tearing old tiles off a roof at 100 degrees. The jobs mentioned in OP are cushy by comparison.

Anonymous

• Open your eyes and look around you, the harder and less desirable a job is, the greater the chance that the workers are brown.

Because they live in fear and are too afraid to say no to illegal working conditions. You people who glorify the abuse and exploitation of people astonish me. Why on earth do you support unsafe work environments, illegal wages and child labor?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:02 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• I agree, NP. Saying we "need" illegal immigrants to work for substandard wages in unsafe conditions sounds suspiciously like those who felt we "needed" slaves to pick cotton before the Civil War.

Yes, the companies who employ them are at fault. But those who turn a blind eye to the abuse, or who support the hiring of illegals because "Americans don't want to do those jobs", are equally guilty.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 1:23 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Because they live in fear and are too afraid to say no to illegal working conditions. You people who glorify the abuse and exploitation of people astonish me. Why on earth do you support unsafe work environments, illegal wages and child labor? BS- those people (illegals) always have the option of going make back to their home country. They work these jobs willingly because they earn an income greater than what is otherwise available. These are the jobs that match their skill sets. I have brown movers in my home right at this moment- they are speaking in their native tongue. Shall I ask them if they'd rather be unemployed?

Furthermore, I seriously doubt many skilled, educated American workers would be interested in working in the 100+ degree Summer heat picking fruits and veggies in CA-

Anonymous